The 15 Days of Christmas was a Christmas related event that began on 20 December 2013 and lasted for 15 days. Throughout the duration of the event, members were able to obtain festive crackers, which could be used on other players to open them, granting 1000 bonus experience to a random skill for both players, along with granting the original owner of the cracker a prize, through which the black santa hat could rarely be obtained.
Methods of obtaining crackers
Members could obtain festive crackers through a number of means, such as handing in daily challenges, party room drops, competitions, killing monsters, events and skilling. These chances were increased by wearing Christmas-themed clothing from previous Christmas events, with the boost to chances of obtaining crackers being referred to as "The Blessing of Winter". The full list included:
- Handing in your first daily challenge each day.
- Handing in the "Festive Cracker - Earn World Event 2 Renown" daily challenge, which requires you to gain 10,000 renown in the Bird and the Beast.
- Any combat or skilling activity that can earn you a spin ticket.
- Twice each day (2 am & 8 pm UTC) 200 crackers were be dropped at Falador party room, along with the community team planned events.
- Completing daily festive cryptic clues.
- Rewarded from competitions hosted by Jagex Moderators.
The Blessing of Winter
Wearing a Christmas outfit increased the chance of obtaining a cracker; for each piece of festive clothing worn, the chance increased by 20% of the original chance up to a cap of +120%. These items are:
- Blue, green, purple, red, white and yellow partyhats
- Bobble hat and scarf
- Black Santa hat
- Christmas tree hat
- Christmas ghost bottoms, hood and top
- Festive jumper
- Ice amulet (2008 and 2009)
- Jester hat and scarf
- Reindeer hat
- Santa beard
- Santa costume boots, gloves, legs, top
- Santa hat
- Salty claws hat
- Tinsel scarf
- Tri-jester hat and scarf
- Woolly hat and scarf
During the duration of the 15 Days of Christmas, these items were granted the hybrid combat class, along with stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
The following Christmas themed items did not qualify for hybrid status, however they did count to receive a higher chance to obtain a cracker:
- Christmas pudding head
- Christmas wand
- Festive aura
- Festive mistletoe
- Frostwalker outfit
- Glad Tidings Outfit
- Pets (San'tar spawnling and Sparkles)
- Santa sack
- Snowman head
- Candy Cane
Equipping them gave the message: "You look more festive! The Blessing of Winter effect has increased."
- There was a glitch where it was possible that the cracker drop on a world did not happen.