|Release date||18 October 2010 (Update)|
|End date||9 November 2010 (Update)|
|Head developer||Mod Raven|
|Preceded by||2009 Hallowe'en event|
|Succeeded by||2011 Hallowe'en event|
The 2010 Hallowe'en event, also called Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow, was released on 18 October 2010 and removed on 9 November 2010. It featured a bone brooch and the Puppet Master emote for the reward. The event can be started by talking to Pumpkin Pete, who is located north-west of Port Sarim, or by entering the portal (it will automatically let you talk with Pumpkin Pete).
Talk to Pumpkin Pete near the portal to start the quest, then enter the portal. When you talk to him inside, he will tell you to talk to people around the house to help prepare for the party. You can do the various parts in any order.
- Talk to the werewolves, Helga, Greta, and Moira, in the north-west corner of the ground floor.
They tell you that they are the backup singers for the band Adamantite Damsel and that they need a special drink called moonshine to help their singing voices.
They tell you that moonshine must be made fresh and suggest that you make it for them.
However, none of them can remember the whole recipe, so they ask you to gather ingredients and then each of them may be able to remember a bit of a recipe. Anything that Helga tells you will certainly be wrong as her memory is not as good.
- Search the table just south of them to get the ingredients.
- Moira remembers that the leaves are used to strain the other liquid ingredients.
- Helga remembers that the blood is never first (or always last), but she is always wrong, so the blood is first.
- Greta remembers that the ground bone is last.
Making the moonshine (must be done in this order):
- Use pile of evil leaves on empty moonshine vial
- Use big bottle of blood on the strained moonshine vial
- Use big bottle of fear on the unfinished moonshine
- Use pile of ground bones on the unfinished moonshine to make moonshine
Note: Making a mistake in mixing the drink causes the player to start over.
- Go back to the werewolves to complete this task.
- First talk to Grim Reaper, who is upstairs, to the East.
He will explain that he is very anxious because his favourite musician, Zabeth Corvid, is present at the party downstairs and indirectly hint the player about his inability to talk to Zabeth as he is too shy.
The player will offer to get Zabeth's autograph for Grim, but Grim will warn the player that because Zabeth was heavily drunk when he died, he accidentally stumbled a few seconds into the future, which can make conversations with him difficult.
- Head downstairs, to the south-eastern room, where you will find Zabeth.
Because he is a few seconds into the future, what he says will not seem to make sense, but the player must choose the option that makes sense for Zabeth to have responded to it in the way he did.
Choose the following options:
- Hello, enjoying the party?
- So, what do people call you?
- Sheesh, you're an idiot.
- Sorry, how about I make it up to you with another drink?
- Exactly how drunk are you?
- A vampire and a werewolf walk into a bar...
- Do you know Grim?
- Can I get a million XP? (optional)
- Can I get an autograph for Grim?
(Aside: His responses before you talk are:
1. "*Hic* Hello (player's name) *Hic* Awesome PARTAY! I'm having a BLAST! Man, *hic* thanks for asking. You three are alright. *Hic*"
2. "Oh Yeah! I'm the dark *Hic* master of music!"
3. "Woooah, you're well rude, dude!"
4. "Nah, it's alright, I forgive you. *Hic* Sounds good to me *Hic* You three are alright."
5. "*Hic* I am a space kebbit: look at my shiny green fur! *Hic*"
6. "That must have hurt!"
7. "Woah, yeah: course I know Grim. I met him once. *Hic* Top guy, if a little on the skinny side."
8. "Nice try." then refuses to answer.
9. "Sure, no problem. *Hic*"
- Zabeth will agree, and give you his autograph.
- Bring this back to Grim, and he will thank you and hang the autograph in his room.
- Talk to Minstrel Web, the giant spider in the big room just after the portal room.
The player is told to look for eight spiders, which are hiding around the house.
They assist with the lighting on the dance floor.
If you have Eek the Spider in your inventory, your conversations with Minstrel Web will be a little more humorous and interesting, as Eek chimes into the conversation.
Finding the spiders
The spiders are hidden around the house. Two are on the ground floor. Six are upstairs.
- Purple: In the room downstairs with Pumpkin Pete, search the 2 cabinets.
There will be a spider in one of them.
- Orange: Standing on the east side of the ground floor in the middle of the house.
- Turquoise: Located in the southern room of the first floor of the house. Talk to him first. With Eek the spider in your inventory, your conversation will be a bit different, similar to when you talk to Minstrel Web with Eek. After a short conversation, you need to scare the spider off. Right-click to scare it. If you have unlocked the Trick emote, you can use it instead.
- Pink: Wandering around upstairs.
- Beige: Wandering around upstairs, on the north side of the house.
- Blue: There is a spider under the bed in the centre room upstairs.
- Red: There is a spider in the death clock south of the bed in the middle room.
- Green: Search the towel rack on the east wall of the northernmost room.
Dance floor puzzle
Every spider can be thought of as having two states: "binary" spiders in a sense. They can either be "off" the correct tile, or "on" it. Choosing to move a spider may change the state of either one or two spiders, not necessarily the chosen one, as follows.
List of spider movements:
|Which to click||Which is moved|
Note: This is only one of many ways to solve the puzzle. Shown here is an example of the fastest (5-move) solution.
- Talk to Minstrel Web again once all the spiders are on their correct spots to complete this task.
- Speak to Pumpkin Pete once you've completed all the tasks to finish the quest. Congratulations, quest complete!
- Bone brooch - "With similar transformation powers to the Easter ring, this diabolical decoration turns the wearer into a pile of bones on command!"
- Puppet Master emote
- Access to the party as long as the event was still on.
The possible item rewards and their descriptions were announced with the poll Guaranteed Content: Halloween 2010 Reward. On 29 June 2010, the bone brooch was announced as the winner  , getting 37% of the votes. The bone brooch was once an option for a Guaranteed Content poll for the 2007 Hallowe'en event, when it came in third, with 26% of the votes.
- If you talked to Grim at the end of the event about the incident that the quote was meant to remind him of, he said "It was a long time ago in a dimension far, far away. It certainly wasn't an excellent adventure". This is a direct reference to the movies "Star Wars" and "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".
- "Partying is such sweet sorrow" is a pun on the line "parting is such sweet sorrow" as said in Romeo and Juliet.
- Adamantite Damsel is a reference to the band Iron Maiden.
- Zabeth Corvid is most likely a reference to Ozzy Osbourne as he says things like Eat the Bat and 'I am the dark master of music' as opposed to Ozzy Osbourne's Prince of Darkness.
- The raven upstairs is named "Edgar", and the one downstairs next to Minstrel Web is named "Allen". If you examined either one, it would say "He'll poen you!" As stated above, Edgar says nevermore, all of these things are references to Edgar Allen Poe.
- Before you talk to Pumpkin Pete, and if you talked to one of the werewolves, she said, "I'm a dragon longsword, short and stout. Here's my handle, I'll poke your eye out." This is a reference to the nursery rhyme I'm A Little Teapot.