|Release date||17 October 2011 (Update)|
|End date||Current (Update unknown) edit|
|Rewards||Deathcon lanyard, Deathcon t-shirt|
|Emote||Living on Borrowed Time|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||2010 Hallowe'en event|
Players may bring Eek for additional dialogue.
|Start point||Speak to Frank outside the Clan Camp’s western entrance.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Pestilence (Skeleton), Frank (Glacor Statue), Death (Green Dragon), Famine (Giant Spider), War (Demon Warlord)
After talking to Beauty, you must go to the welcome portal to place the statues.
After choosing statues for all of the people, you must place them in the correct spots.
Guide for Statues placement:
Facing North, starting at the top, and moving right to the middle, then down and left to the South:
- (North) - Pestilence (Skeleton Statue)
- (Northeast) - Frank (Glacor Statue)
- (East) - Death (Green Dragon)
- (Southeast) - Famine (Giant Spider)
- (South) - War (Demon Warlord)
You must speak to Beauty again before you can enter the Grim Reapers tent.
After placing the statues, go West down the path, then North to the large building that looks like a castle and head upstairs and talk to Infinity to start the puzzle.
The dancefloor-puzzle is a nonogram.
You have to stomp on all the tiles which the picture to the right shows. Do not step on the black tiles or you will have to step on them again to change them back.
Only the tile that you click on will change color (not all that you step on). So simply clicking on all the red tiles as shown on the picture should do the trick. No need to worry about a sequence.
Now, go to Frank on the roof and do his job. His chicken (Horses) moves like a knight in chess except he cannot jump over obstacles. To move Horses, simply click on the tile you want him to move to. Remember, Horses can only move in an L-shape direction. The best way to do this part is to plan ahead from each firework. There are many ways of solving this but it looks harder than it really is. Just keep kind of messing around until you see a route.
Talk to Death in the R.I.P. Tent that is near the notice board. He will remember you from last year if you did the event and give you your reward: A Deathcon II T-Shirt, Hourglass wielded as a shield, and the "Living on Borrowed Time" emote. The emote requires 1x6 space to use.
- Deathcon lanyard - "An all access pass for Deathcon II."
- Deathcon t-shirt - "Been there, done that, got this."
- Hourglass (members only) - "There's not much sand left in the top half..."
- Living on Borrowed Time - Emote, as well as all the previous Hallowe'en emotes you have yet to unlock.
- The name "DeathCon II" is likely based on the "DefCon" hacker conferences. The conferences also gave out special lanyards, which it seems to make a reference to.
- On the message board, Death says that there will be a special event in the clan hall on Saturday (29 October) at 8:00 AM Central Daylight Time . Also, if you go to the roof of the clan keep and click on the theatre entrance, you can't go in and an NPC called Fame tells you to "Come back when the Deathcon noticeboard says so." This probably refers to the special event on Saturday.
- Con stands for convention, and much like a real-life con there are NPCs cosplaying Death. They are wearing older Hallowe'en reward costumes, such as the skeleton set, the witch costume\warlock costume, or the Grim reaper hood. In addition, one of the rewards is a T-shirt, much like con T-shirts handed out at real cons.
- Contained within the list of statues is a "Crimson Clupea" in layman's terms, a "Red Herring"
- Another likely reference is to the annual Dutch Hardstyle Electronic Music Festival, Defqon 1, as shown by the spider DJing in the head banner for the event (see top).
- When reading the message board, you can see that Bob the Jagex Cat has posted a message, but it's been covered up by other posts. It becomes partly visible after doing the event, when it shows that Bob lost Unferth, and asks anyone to find him to return him to Burthorpe. This is a parody of missing pet posters.
- The names 'Death', 'Famine', and 'War' are the names of the three of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, referenced in the last book of The New Testament of the Christian Bible. The fourth, 'Pestilence,' is widly regarded as the Fourth Horsemen in popular culture, replacing the rider 'Conquest' mentioned in Scripture. This is more obvious due to the fact that, when you command the chicken with these words, it's name is, in fact, "Horses".
- The Examine text for Horses as War, "You won't like him when he's angry", could possibly be a reference to The Incredible Hulk.
- Death's hidden message on the board seems to read, "Would whoever keeps stealing my --s please stop?"
- If you search the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch, one of them is Pumpkin Pete, leading to a conversation about Death's special event. The specific pumpkin appears to be different for each player.
- The title Deathcon 2 is a play on words, as stated by Mod Matt, because there never has been a Deathcon 1.
- The 'Demon Warlord' is a statue of K'ril Tsutsaroth, the Zamorak boss in the God Wars Dungeon
- There's a glitch that lets you rest on the dance floor, and also one that lets you dance off the dance floor.
- The Armadyl Gravestone in the graveyeard section has a spelling mistake. The writer put "of" instead of "off". The gravestone reads "The Armadyl gravestone design is literally* flying of the shelves! (*Read: Figuratively.)"