The 2012 Easter Event: A Fowl Easter was released on 2 April 2012. It's based on a typical Easter egg hunt but with a RuneScape twist. The player can join either the Chocatrice's team or the Evil Chicken's team and scavenge five eggs.
The Easter Bunny has fallen from White Wolf Mountain (with a rock tied to his foot) and is unfit for duty because he broke his big toe. He has, however, already hidden five magic eggs around Gielinor (two of which are in members-only areas). In Varrock Square, the Evil Chicken and Chocatrice (from the 2007 Easter event) are having a showdown. The Chocatrice wants to turn the chicks inside the eggs into chocolate while the Evil Chicken wants to turn them into drumsticks.
The player must help them by finding the eggs, then opening them and shooting the chick with the eggsterminator cannon. This cannon either turns them into drumsticks or chocolate treats. Both can be eaten or given to respectively the Evil Chicken or the Chocatrice.
If three treats are brought to the right creature (i.e. 3 chocolate treats to the Chocatrice or 3 drumsticks to the Evil Chicken), the player receives a chocolate egg on face mask, which turns the head of the player into a chocolate egg with a ribbon around it when worn or a egg on face mask, which covers the top of the head and has a fried-egg covering the player's right eye. The mask received depends on the side that is chosen. Players who help the Chocatrice receive the chocolate version while players who help the Evil Chicken receive the regular version.
Neither helmet has a special emote that can be used when worn but when shot by the eggsterminator by another player, the masks reveal a secret emote where the player spins around as they are hit. Each emote varies depending on the mask being worn.
Every 2 hours or so new eggs will spawn in new places. Rubble is seen at old locations.
Old waves are now being archived here to reduce the size and loading time of this page.
Wave 47 (ONGOING)
During the forty-seventh wave, the eggs were located in the following places:
- Sheep field near the Champions Guild
- Burthope agility course (m)
- North of Taverley summoning shop (m)
- Musa Point banana plantation
- Between the Crafting guild and the Clan Camp; south-west of Clan Camp
Wave 48 (UPCOMING)
Starts at 6:00am UTC
Wave 49 (UPCOMING)
Starts at 8:00am UTC
Wave 50 (UPCOMING)
Starts at 10:00am UTC
- For giving either of the hosts 3 of their respective treats, one is awarded a mask:
Note that it is possible to obtain both the egg on face and chocolate egg on face masks. To do this, simply complete one of the egg hunts with the Chocatrice, and the other for the Evil Chicken. Not all 5 of each item must be brought to either NPC, as for each helmet, players only require 3.
- For finding all five eggs in one hunt, the player will receive an Easter lamp, giving experience at the same value as a random event lamp.
- For finding all five eggs in three different waves (for a total of 15 eggs), the player is able to keep the eggsterminator.
- Between the Crafting Guild and the Clan Camp.
- Inside Taverley Dungeon.
- Inside Taverley mine.
- Near Burthorpe lodestone/south of Burthorpe Castle.
- West of the Exam Centre.
- In Taverley, near and a bit north of the entrance closest to Falador.
- Near the Mage Training Arena.
- East side of White Wolf Mountain.
- In Brimhaven.
- South of the Witch's House.
- North of the Witch's House.
- West of Gamers' Grotto.
- Around the back of Daemonheim castle.
- In Draynor Village.
- South of the Goblin Village near Falador.
- Near the Champions' Guild, in the sheep's den.
- South-west area of Rimmington.
- Around Lumbridge Castle.
- East of Barbarian Village, near the unicorns.
- On top of Ice Mountain.
- On the path leading to Morytania/east of Varrock.
- In Musa Point, Karamja; around the banana trees.
- South of Varrock, next to the Stone circle.
- West of the Grand Exchange, near the Outlaw Camp.
- West of Lumbridge Swamp mining spot
- In the centre of Mudskipper Point
- South of Gertrude's house
- West of Edgeville Monastery
- Lumbridge Castle Grounds
- Taverley Mine
- Upon the release in World 2, there was a small glitch on the first wave that somehow caused certain players to not receive the Eggsterminator after it said they had received one. Talking to the Chocatrice or Evil Chicken afterwards, they acted as if the player already had one in their inventory. If the player went to another world however, they would receive another one.
- The 2012 Easter Event seems to be the first holiday event in many years which doesn't have an unlockable emote; if players don't have the emotes for Easter, it unlocks them.
- Unlike past holiday events, the 2012 Easter Event cannot be seen on the in-game quest menu.
- There was a glitch that when players used the splatter option with another player and then quickly used the emote Seal of Approval, the seal would stretch. This was patched within the last hour of Wave 4. Now if players try to do it, it will say 'You're already doing an emote'.
- When targeting attackable NPCs it will say 'The Eggsterminator can only target cute little chicks and other players'.
- When players use a bucket to the west side of the Varrock fountain, they receive a normal bucket of water despite the water appearing to be chocolate.
- It is impossible to get an eggsterminator (permanent) in F2P because players need to get all 5 eggs in at least 3 waves. Since each wave there are at least 2 spots that are on member's area, F2P players are unable to complete it.
- If players use the chocotreat on the Evil Chicken, it will state "Eurgh - disgusting! Do you know that chocolate is my one weakness?"
- If players use the evil drumstick on the Chocatrice, it will state "Keep that fowl leg away from me." Fowl is a play on words; as a fowl is a bird fit for eating; and foul (which is what the pun is based on) is putrid.
- During the eggsterminator reload; you cannot shoot. If you try to; the text "You can't fire the Eggsterminator whilst doing an emote."