When used on Aggie in Draynor the player with have a brief conversation.
The following text is transcluded from Transcript:50 Shades of Dye.
- Aggie: Someone bought my book! Have you checked out dye number 42? It's my favourite!
- Player: I haven't had a chance yet, I'm sorry.
- Aggie: That's OK, every dye I've ever made is in that book. There really is quite the mixture.
- Player: So you can make every dye? That is fascinating.
- Aggie: It's no trouble really. You'd be surprised at what you can whip up with a little woad leaf and some redberries. I'm fairly certain that I could make any type of dye with a blindfold on! Comes in handy when I'm chopping the onion for a dye.
- Player: Are there any new dyes that you can make for me from your book?
- Aggie: I'm afraid not. As part of the book contract, I wasn't allowed to make any more of the dyes from my own book. It's a shame really. I was doing a bit of redecorating and wanted to recolour my grain storage to a nice shade of red.
- Player: So that would then be a red room of grain?
- Aggie: Precisely.
- Player: I'll, uh, leave you to it.
- The name of the item is a reference to the book Fifty Shades of Grey. The dialogue with Aggie mentions a Red Room of Grain, another reference to the aformentioned book.
- During the conversation with Aggie, she mentions liking Dye #42 in particular. This may be a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.