Any player may cook on a range or fire to gain 30 Cooking experience points (33 on a bonfire), as level 1 Cooking is the only requirement. Players stop burning them at level 34 cooking. By themselves, anchovies have limited utility in training Cooking or for restoring life points, especially for higher-levelled players.
However, they have two other uses.
- They are an ingredient for the popular anchovy pizzas, which players can make at level 55 Cooking and which heal 1,374 life points each, making them the highest-healing food available to non-members.
- Anchovy oil, obtained by mashing anchovies with a pestle and mortar and straining the resulting anchovy paste with a sieve, is an ingredient in imp repellent, which in turn can be distilled to make impling jars from butterfly jars. Doing this awards the player with 1 Herblore experience.
Raw anchovies can be caught using a small net at any net fishing spot.
Assuming no burning, each raw anchovy cooked would yield a profit/loss of -670 coins.
|Instructions||Use raw anchovies with range or fire.|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Despite looking like blue shrimp in RuneScape, they are actually a family of fish in the real world.
Pizzas, toppings and ingredients
|Toppings and ingredients||