|Release||28 July 2009 (Update)|
|It has a light on its forehead. What a pretty light... So shiny!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|35 / 23 / 11|
4 ticks (2.4s)
The ability to be assigned Aquanites can be purchased for 50 Slayer points. Once unlocked, they can be toggled off, though in order to toggle them back on, they must be purchased again for 50 slayer points or removed from the assignments list through the use of the cancellation slots.
Because Aquanites drop large amounts of seeds, when combined with a seedicide, they can be useful for training Farming. This generally requires level 74 Farming to be effective because players must have the proper Farming level in order for the seedicide's effect to activate. It is possible to get 160,000 Farming experience per hour with a Farming level of at least 91 and good equipment. However, Turoths also offer almost comparable experience per hour rates, but take less effort to kill and require a lower Farming level of 74 to be a viable training method. Aquanites would also be recommended for ironmen, as they drop many high level seeds, such as yew seeds.
There is another, faster way for those without 81 Agility. Using a ring of slaying to teleport to Sumona, players run down the Desert Slayer Dungeon into either the Kurask or Turoth rooms, and use the portal, making players have a little walk to their lair. Otherwise, if players do not want to spend points buying/making a ring of slaying, the Bandit Camp's lodestone or the Al Kharid lodestone will suffice.
Using the Bandit camp lodestone, players will run east to the Desert Slayer Dungeon, or if needed, go down the smokey well to avoid unnecessary desert heat damage. If using the Al Kharid lodestone, stock up at the Shantay pass, and bring either 205-400 coins and head to Pollnivneach.
Alternatively, players who own a Mask of the Kura or Helm of the Kuraski may use it to teleport to the Kurasks within the slayer cave then run a short distance south to the aquanites. The Mask of the Aquanites or Helm of the Aquanites can also be used to teleport to them directly.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 37,793 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Amulet of ranging||1||Rare[d 1]||29,583|
|Morchella mushroom spore||3||Uncommon||141|
|Grimy ranarr||1 (noted)||Uncommon||1,751|
|Grimy irit||1 (noted)||Uncommon||3,967|
|Grimy avantoe||1 (noted)||Uncommon||1,077|
|Grimy cadantine||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,232|
|Sirenic scale||1||Very rare||298,820|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Snape grass||6–8 (noted)||Common||702–936|
|Snape grass seed||2||Uncommon||954|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Long bone||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Curved bone||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Pelvis bone||1||Common[d 2]||Not sold|
- ^ Estimated at 1/464 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012
- ^ Pelvis bone only for Fur 'n' Seek Wish list
Rare drop table drops
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||120,645–147,455|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||12,113|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||15,367|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||562,095–687,005|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||562,200–937,000|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,310|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,072,305–1,310,595|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||245,440–309,632|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||13,455–16,974|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||11,200–15,680|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||55,080–67,320|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||194,400–237,600|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,016–13,284|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||314,640–384,560|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||33,300–40,700|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||42,840–52,360|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||20,342–23,248|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||196,155–239,745|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||92,160–112,640|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||6,798|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||101,970–124,630|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||610,920–746,680|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||183,960–224,840|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||172,530–210,870|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||147,645–180,455|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||6,300–7,200|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||461,900|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||13,185–16,115|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||263,250–321,750|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,832–14,268|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||117,450–143,550|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||13,770–16,830|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||224,100–273,900|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||95,118|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,590,640,621|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||9,410|
- The aquanite was announced by Jagex in a Guaranteed Content poll on 17 June 2009. The poll asked players which name for the new monster they preferred: Aquanite, Gilidrixon, Amphibrath, Lanterwyn, or Anglibian. All of the names were suggested by players on the RuneScape Forums thread "Name A Slayer Creature" in "Suggestions - Monster and NPC". The name Aquanite won the Guaranteed Content Poll over Gilidrixon by 159 votes.
- Previously, Kuradal could not assign Aquanites as a task. However, with the Shattered Heart update on 3 March 2010, the ability to be assigned Aquanites can be purchased for 50 Slayer points.
- The examine text is a reference to the anglerfish in the movie Finding Nemo.
- It has frog-like webbed feet, a bioluminescent light hanging from its forehead like that of an Anglerfish, and a head with whiskers like a catfish; showcasing the real life influence in designing the creature.
- On 9 November 2015, a patch increased aquanite's life points from 3,400 to 7,000 and increased their max hit from 390 to 652.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 742,508 kills.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Februari 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*