|Release||28 July 2014 (Update)|
|Believe it or not, she's still hungry.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|782 / 521 / 260|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Araxxi is a large Araxyte spider and Araxxor's mate. She acts as the fourth and final stage of the boss fight after she devours Araxxor at the beginning of the fourth phase. Araxxi does not count as a spider for Slayer assignments.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the title [Name] the Araxyte.
Araxxi has access to most of the same attacks as Araxxor, but can also attack from all 3 sides of the Combat triangle regardless of Araxxor's starting form. She will never move from the centre of the platform. Araxxi takes on the same rage level as Araxxor except for any rage contributed by acid.
When her targets are not within melee distance, she will use either magic or ranged, depending on her target's overhead prayer. These drain overload timers and inflict poison, respectively. The magic attack travels much faster than the ranged attack. She will switch to the other style as soon as she detects her current attack is being protected against. She always attacks with magic by default if the player does not use a protection prayer, only using ranged if they pray against magic. When her target is in melee range, Araxxi will use magic and melee attacks randomly, with no regard to prayers. Unlike Araxxor, Araxxi's melee attack does not cause a bleed, even if melee was Araxxor's dominant combat style.
Araxxi also has access to all but 2 of Araxxor's special attacks: egg bombs and acidic spiders. Instead of the latter, Araxxi has the ability to absorb the remaining acid to increase her rage. Like Araxxor, the special attacks available to her are dependent on the open paths. At 50,000 life points, Araxxi will stop using special attacks, and her rage will gradually increase. At 25,000 life points (35,000 in duo), Araxxi will unleash a black sludge core that bounces around, eventually targeting and damaging players. She will also increase her rage by 5% for each autoattack she performs. Her targets will immediately have their adrenaline subtracted by 50% (e.g. 70% adrenaline becomes 20%).
When Araxxi is killed, her corpse remains and acts as a reward coffer to collect the drops. Araxxi has several drop tables that are rolled on to constitute the loot. Having tier 4 luck increases the chances of obtaining unique rewards from Araxxi's corpse.
The drop table will always roll on the 100%, food/potions and main table drop once. There will be an occasional roll on the effigy (1/128 if you don't own any effigies), leg piece, weapon parts and pet drops, which are tertiary drops. It is possible for a player to get multiple tertiary drops at once, although it is very rare.
Araxxi's corpse offers the same mechanics as the Queen Black Dragon's reward chest, where rewards may be collected into the inventory, sent straight to the bank, or be abandoned. Players without an araxyte pet also have the option of sacrificing all of their drops for a second chance at the pet. Gambling your rewards will double the drop rate of the pet, effectively tripling the original drop rate. This feature is removed once the player obtains the pet, either normally or through gambling.
The combat style Araxxor uses affects the drop rate of the weapon-specific parts that Araxxi drops. This changes the loot value per kill. When killing a red-legged Araxxor each kill is worth approximately 1,160,230.48 coins due to an increased chance of getting a fang, when killing a blue-legged Araxxor each kill is worth approximately 1,115,444.15 coins due to an increased chance of getting an eye, and when killing a green-legged Araxxor each kill is worth approximately 1,114,768.43 coins due to an increased chance of getting a web.
Araxxi's corpse will always contain araxyte arrows, unless a pheromone, triskelion fragment, or effigy is obtained, which replaces the arrows.
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Uncommon (1/18)||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Uncommon (1/18)||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Uncommon (1/18)||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare (1/128)||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,367 kills.|
15 charms are dropped at a time.
Food and potions
|Saradomin brew flask (6)||9–15||Common (1/3)||167,913–279,855|
|Super restore flask (6)||2–5||Common||27,090–67,725|
|Overload flask (6)||2–5||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Grimy dwarf weed||45||Common||451,665|
|Dwarf weed seed||10||Uncommon||8,590|
|Onyx bolts (e)||100–251||Uncommon||804,600–2,019,546|
|Hydrix bolt tips||40||Uncommon||381,760|
|Spider leg top||1||Uncommon (1/40)||Not sold|
|Spider leg middle||1||Uncommon (1/40)||Not sold|
|Spider leg bottom||1||Uncommon (1/40)||Not sold|
|Araxxi's fang||1||Rare (1/120)||Not sold|
|Araxxi's web||1||Rare (1/120)||Not sold|
|Araxxi's eye||1||Rare (1/120)||Not sold|
|Araxyte pet||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Araxyte egg||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Araxyte spider egg (unchecked)||1||Very rare||2,717,063|
- ^ a b c d e f g h Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 06 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ 1/(50-(R/20)) drop rate, where R is the current rage level
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ The value of the Overloads is 221815 coins per flask. The total drop is between 443630 and 1109075 coins, based on the value of the ingredients required to make them.
- ^ Requires 90 herblore or having created an overload prior to receive.
- ^ a b Grimy dwarf weed and avantoe are always dropped together.
- ^ a b Adamantite ore and coal are always dropped together.
- ^ a b c The leg part that you obtain is the path that you took on phase 2. 1/70 in duo
- ^ a b c While any of these can be obtained by fighting any version of Araxxor, the chances increase based on Araxxor's primary combat style. If rolled, there is a 50% chance of obtaining the component equivalent to Araxxor's primary combat style. If this roll fails, it rolls to the other two components instead (e.g if a player killed ranged Araxxor but did not obtain a web, it is redirected to a fang or eye instead). 1/200 in duo
- ^ Not an actual drop. Upon Araxxi's death, if a pet is successfully rolled, it will appear in the Pets interface. If the pet does not appear after Araxxi's death, you have the option to gamble all of your drops for a second chance at the pet. You must roll a 0 in order to get the pet. The drop rate varies from 1/500-1/1000, depending on the enrage Araxxor accumulated throughout the fight (starting enrage excluded).
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/500 with a threshold of 200. In addition, having unlocked all Araxyte pets is required to be eligible for this drop. First egg unlocks Barry, which is required to obtain the second egg, which unlocks Mallory.
- ^ Only after completing the player-owned farm tutorial.
- Lumbridge Strikes Back ( 75) - Defeat Araxxor and Araxxi whilst wearing bronze armour on your head, torso and legs, and a bronze weapon in your main hand.
- Friendly Neighbour ( 0) - Obtained a collection of unique drops from Araxxi.
- Along Came a Spider ( 5) - Defeat Araxxi several times depending on the tier.
- Araxxi is the first monster to drop flasks and is the only monster to drop overloads.
- After killing Araxxi, the Adventurer's Log will say: "I killed a spinner of death, Araxxi." or after killing Araxxi several times, it will say: "I killed X Araxxis."
- When examining Araxxi's corpse, the examine text says "Smells like rewards." This is the same text as the chest in Barrows: Rise of the Six.
- There was a rare bug that caused Araxxi to instantly die upon spawning. This has been fixed on 13 March 2017.
- Upon release of the luck tier system, players had to have a tier 4 luck ring equipped before Araxxi died in order for its effects to go off, as the loot was generated immediately on her death. Due to player feedback, this was changed on 13 November 2017 so that the loot is generated upon interacting with her corpse.
- The development name of Araxxi is "spider boss".
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 34,602 kills.
- Originally, triskellion pieces were a main drop. On 18 June 2018, they were changed into one of the potential 100% rewards, sharing the slot with effigies, the araxyte pheromone, and araxyte arrows.
- ^ RuneScape - Twitch. Araxxi's dev name. 21 November 2017.*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*