|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Main music||The Chosen Commander (Throne of Bandos during the quest)|
|Strongest monster||Ourg statue|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Unknown Edit|
|Quests taking place here||The Chosen Commander|
|Please upload a map!|
Bandos' throne room is the throne room of the banished God Bandos. Zanik was taken there by the strange box in Yu'Biusk at the end of the Land of the Goblins quest, and she managed to escape during The Chosen Commander with the help of a pendant she found on Bandos' throne. During the quest, this location is host to a flashback-like sequence where the player plays as Zanik. While playing as Zanik, the player must complete the Agility Course. This location is also where the player fights the Bandos avatar.
Players can return to the throne room after the Chosen Commander by one of two ways:
- Teleporting with a Bandos throne room sphere made by Oldak from two law runes and one piece of molten glass.
- Using the fairy ring code BLQ to go to Yu'biusk and opening the strange box to be teleported into the throne room.
The throne room is a large room with Bandos' throne on the east wall and a portal to Dorgesh-Kaan on the west wall. The room is filled with Goblin statues, Ork statues, Ogre statues, and Ourg statues. Some of these can be climbed on, some are only decorative, and some of them come to life and attack any player who attempts to climb them.
Players can leave the throne room by exiting through the portal at the west wall, just as in The Chosen Commander quest. Players return to Dorgesh-Kaan where the portal was during the quest, but the portal closes behind them so they cannot use it to return to the throne room.
The Bandos Throne Room is a good place to earn money. The statues respawn quickly, and (apart from the Ourg statue) don't hit particularly high (max hit 200 from the Ourg Statue). They have several relatively worthwhile drops: gems from sapphire to diamond are all common drops, Mystic earth staves are sometimes dropped, and the Granite mace is only an "uncommon" drop - expect to see about 2-4 in a full inventory after a trip. A full inventory from a trip here will usually sell for 150-200k (16 January 2010). Even if you keep a few gems for yourself (e.g. for some Crafting) the Bandos' Throne Room is still an excellent source of money for how safe it is.The throne room is also an excellent source for combat exp. You can stay here without food for an indefinite amount of time using either full guthans to heal yourself or Enhanced Excalibur (Provided you have completed the hard tasks in the Seers' Village Diary). The lunar dream spell works also. A player should also bring High Alchemy runes for the high volume of Adamant maces, and the various staves that are frequently dropped. All the statues in the room drop gems at a common rate so a Ring of wealth can be worn but not needed. A chisel in the player inventory will allow a player to cut the gems into bolt tips which are stackable (A gem bag is not advised as the statues drop uncut gems very rarely). with all these requirements a player with 65 Fletching and 55 Magic can camp there for hours without banking.
Failure of obstacles can occur at all Agility levels. A high level does not reduce the failure rate, judging by reports on the official forums. High-levelled players report they can fail all statues but the Ourg carrying the water bowl seems to be the obstacle failed most often.
A lap around this course takes around 30 seconds if no failures occur, making it quick to get several laps in per hour. One could see around 40-45k experience per hour if working at a good pace.
- The examining message of the Bandos' throne is the same as the statues.
- Players commonly found that simultaneously attacking a statue would result in a double, in some cases triple spawn. Also, when a player kills a doubled spawned statue much faster than the other person, it will re-spawn quicker, and climbing it with the right timing will cause the other statue to re-spawn, making it seem like the re-spawn rate is much faster than it actually is. (This is yet to be fixed by Jagex.)
- Climbing through the agility course would result in your familiar dying. (Unknown whether or not this was later fixed by Jagex)
- If you kill a statue and then stand on its respawn spot, it will push you off the spot when it respawns.
- If a statue respawns on a drop from another statue, you will still be able to pick up the drop.
- If you bring one of those statues to life, then start the agility course, the space where the statue stood will appear empty from the agility course.
- The Ourg statue holding a bowl has an examine of "forever holding up a bowl.", v.s. the examine of the other statues in the agility course, which is "forever standing guard." except when you are above ground in which case the statue is named like the other two statues with the normal examine text.
- When standing in most northern part of the room (on the ledge). It is possible to see another room far north very similar to the throne room. Some statues in the room can also be examined and give the examine text: "Forever standing guard."
- Using the Orb of Oculus, it is possible to see into this other room. It is an exact copy of Bandos's Throne Room, except that the Bandos Guards block the path to the portal out. It is probably used in The Chosen Commander quest during the portion where you play as Zanik.
- This room could be a historical reference to the Terracotta Army.
- Though it is not shown on the world map, if you die in the Throne Room after finishing the quest, a marker arrow for your gravestone is still placed on your minimap and only shows up when you enter Yu'biusk, showing that Bandos's Throne Room lies south-east of Yu'biusk.
- When in the Throne Room, the Task System places you in Dorgesh-Kaan, which means that Dorgesh-Kaan is the closest area to the Throne Room.
- When doing the zombie hand emote on a statue it will look the hand is coming out of nowhere and when doing it on the statue with the bowl it will look like it comes out of the helmet.
- When on the ledge in the agility course, and you try to change equipment, you will get the message "You cannot change your equipment while balancing on a statue" even though you are not on a statue.
- This room is seen in the Runescape trailer, your avatar runs through the portal at the end of the throne room.File:Haran.png
- You can fall off the goblin statue if you jump to it from the ork statue.
- If you login while standing on one of the statues squares you will appear inside the statue.