The barrelchest anchor is obtained by killing the level 93 Barrelchest monster in The Great Brain Robbery quest. 60 Attack and 40 Strength are required in order to wield it. As with other maul weapons, the anchor is two-handed and is superior to the stabbing counterpart, the dragon spear, and the slashing counterpart, the dragon two-handed sword.
If lost, it can be re-obtained by talking to the monk, Brother Tranquility, on Mos Le'Harmless to receive another broken anchor which can once again be fixed by Smith for 230,000 coins. The book o' piracy is required in order to communicate with Smith unless the player has completed the Rocking Out quest.
|60 , 40|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Barrelchest anchor's special attack is Sunder, which costs 50% adrenaline. This is an attack with increased accuracy that deals 75-150% weapon damage and randomly reduces the target's Defence, Attack, Ranged, or Magic level. In addition, if Defence is chosen, the target's affinity values are increased by 4 for 1 minute.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Smithing Smith's Shop||Mos Le'Harmless||230,000||Coins||? (edit)||Yes|
- The Barrelchest anchor has a different design than the one that Barrelchest holds. The one held by Barrelchest sports somewhat of a hilt while the one wielded by the player does not.
- When wielded in Legacy mode, the Barrelchest anchor uses a unique attacking animation which did not exist prior to the Evolution of Combat. It is the only weapon to have received a new animation for the mode.
- While only needing 60 Attack and 40 Strength to wield, the quest requirements mean that to wield the anchor, you also need 50 Prayer, 50 Smithing, 50 Fishing (boostable), 45 Crafting, 42 Slayer, 40 Ranged, 40 Farming (boostable), 31 Cooking, 30 Construction, 25 Thieving, 8 Herblore and 5 Fletching.
- The Barrelchest anchor was initially tier 50 after the Evolution of Combat, but this was increased to tier 62 in a later update.
Two-handed crush weapons
|Part 4 of the Pirate quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|