The blisterwood polearm is a two-handed melee weapon released as a reward along with the blisterwood staff and the blisterwood stakes from The Branches of Darkmeyer. All three weapons require 70 Fletching to make. The polearm requires 70 Attack. It is made by having two silver sickles and blisterwood logs in your inventory and then fletching the polearm. Blessed silver sickles cannot be used as a substitute for the silver sickles.
Blisterwood polearms, Sunspears and Ivandis flails are the only melee type weapons that can kill the vyrewatch, Vyrelords or ladies, and Vanstrom Klause. These weapons are also more effective against other types of vampyres, like vampyre Juvinates, but these creatures are already at such a low level once blisterwood weapons are unlocked, that killing them isn't worth anything.
The stats are considerably better than the basic Ivandis flail, as it hits both harder and more often than the flail does. On the flip side, the polearm has a shorter reach than the flail and deals crush damage rather than slash, but this doesn't seem to make much of a difference as there are currently no vyrewatch weak to either slashing or crushing weapons (though the juvinates encountered in Temple Trekking are weak against slash).
Though it's meant to be used against the vyrewatch, it is still a rather effective weapon in PvP and PvM situations for those who cannot afford more expensive weapons, equivalent to Barrows melee weapons, and almost matching that of a godsword.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Blisterwood benefits
Blisterwood is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, blisterwood weapons have the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Every 50 vyre corpses cremated in the Columbarium grants +10 damage (a maximum of +100)
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
|Completed The Branches of Darkmeyer|
- Despite being a polearm, it was once considered to be a maul by some elements of its programming, as it was affected by the Icyenic or Infernal Greathammer overrides. It is also, however, regarded as a spear, as evidenced by its effect on the Corporeal Beast.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, when attacking with the polearm whilst on a free to play world, the player would perform a jumping kick, similar to that of the Staff of Light. Following the EoC, however, players can no longer attack while wielding a members' weapon on a free to play world.
- It used to be possible to cast High Level Alchemy on noted polearms, giving 15,600 coins, but this was patched in July 2013.
Two-handed crush weapons