The blue partyhat plays a small but notable role in the Wise Old Man storyline. According to Draynor bank's surveillance tapes, the Wise Old Man killed Elfinlocks and stole the blue partyhat from her ashes while he was robbing the bank. Before the Love Story quest, he wears the partyhat on his head. After the quest, he lends it to Zenevivia, who now lives in his Draynor house with him.
Before the removal of trade limits on 1 February 2011, the street price of the blue partyhat was much higher than its Grand Exchange price, giving the false impression that its price rose sharply. Along with the other partyhats, it remains one of the most valuable items in the game.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
15 Days of Christmas
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, were given the Hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- The Wise Old Man, Zenevivia and Elfinlocks are the only NPCs that wear this hat.
- During the Swan Song quest, the player will ask the Wise Old Man for the blue partyhat at the end of the quest as a reward; however, he refuses. You can ask him again after the Love Story quest, although he will refuse, as he has already lent it to Zenevivia.
- Along with the red partyhat, this item was the first to pass the 1 billion price mark on the Grand Exchange on 3 March 2011.
- A blue partyhat can be seen on the roof of the Well of Goodwill.
- During the 2014 Christmas event, players could deliver a present to the Wise Old Man, which, as it turned out, was a blue partyhat (t).
- During the Draynor Bank Robbery cutscene, players could misuse a bug where they could pick up the partyhat that the Wise Old Man telegrabs. However, this partyhat uses a different item ID and players could not wear it or trade it. Attempting to do so would yield the message: "That item isn't tradeable. Please send a bug report to Jagex telling them how you got that hat."