Making runes at this altar awards the player 7.5 experience per rune essence, making it the highest Runecrafting experience available to players using rune essence. To craft runes at the Body altar, the player must be at a minimum Runecrafting level of 20.
The 'Temple of the Body' (as is the name given to actual runecrafting area) is a pink, heart-shaped area, reflecting the "body" element of the rune. With the introduction of The Great Orb Project activity, the body altar received a graphical makeover and now the roots resemble pulsating blood vessels. Soft heartbeat sounds can also be heard from the altar.
The closest bank for non-members is located in Edgeville, whereas the closest bank for members is located in Soul Wars. However, the quickest way to the altar is through the use of a body altar teleport tablet.
These tablets can be obtained from The Great Orb Project for tokens obtained in the activity. Other ways include using the Combat Bracelet's Monastery teleport, or the Skull Sceptres' teleport to Barbarian Village. However, the latter can only be used several times before it breaks.
The music track "Heart and Mind" is unlocked at the body altar.
- In the Great Orb Project, there is currently a glitch which allows a player to get stuck between a specific tangle of veins by making barriers and then passing through them. If a person not from the game gets stuck, the only way out for that player is if the player teleports..
- By looking into the altar itself (the centerpiece used to bind runes), blue and green circles can be seen floating in mid-air.
- The shape of the temple on the map looks vaguely like a heart and floor color is pink which matches the heart's color.
- If you look closely, you can see the veins moving.
- When listening to the beginning of the music piece, "Heart and Mind" (which is unlocked by entering the body altar), you can hear a beat that sounds like the beating of the heart.
- When looking into the Task System while you're in the altar, it says Burthope - Taverley.