|Release date||17 July 2017 (Update)|
|End date||31 July (Update)|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||Aiding the Exile|
|Succeeded by||Gielinorian Giving II|
Each time the player logged in during the event, they were greeted with one of the following announcements:
- Head over to Lumbridge crater now in order to assist Reyna and setup the beach.
- Reyna requires your help - head to the Lumbridge crater now!
Event noticeboards and the Events interface could be used to teleport directly to Reyna.
Piles of Sand
- Reyna would like sand delivered to the [direction] pile of the crater.
- Sandnado - Lose all Buckets of beach sand
- Quicksand - Lose 10 Buckets of beach sand
It seemed inevitable that a player would occasionally get stuck in quicksand. Keeping moving seemed to be the best way of getting stuck as few times as possible; staying in one place for too long would result in quicksand and losing buckets. Surge could be used to close distance and to help avoid sandnados, but would not work when the player was caught in quicksand.
Players standing next to a pile of sand were not affected by a Sandnado.
This beach sand was automatically handed in for progress towards the cosmetic rewards, and did not show up in a player's inventory or currency pouch. It couldn't be redeemed for mystery boxes.
The player received a reward for each of the following milestones. The player could either hand in coins or convert 375 sand into an event mystery box or 750 sand into a big event mystery box. Converted sand did not count towards the milestones.
|1,000||Beach Sand Cape |
|2,500||Beach Sand Outfit sabatons|
|5,000||Beach Sand Outfit gauntlets|
|7,500||Beach Sand Outfit legguards|
|10,000||Beach Sand Outfit chestplate|
|12,500||Beach Sand Outfit helmet|
|15,000||Ring of sand|
- ^ Players who obtained the sand cape from the 2015 Summer Raffle were credited with 1,000 progress towards the event.