|Start point||Speak to Surok by the statue of Saradomin, east of Varrock|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable. Completed What Lies Below, 44 Slayer. A high combat level is also advised.|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. Prayer potions, super sets and food such as sharks are recommended for the final battle. An Anti-dragon shield/Anti-fire potion, super energy potions, as well as antipoisons are also useful in the tunnels. A "one click teleport" like the ectophial is highly recommended. You can also bring Summoning Familiars which helps during the fight if you are a low level. Also a Spirit Terrorbird is great to bring to hold extra Food and for its Special Move Tireless Run helps great because there is a lot of running involved in the caves and without running and extra food you could easily die.|
|Enemies to defeat||Bork (level 267)|
Talk to Surok at the Saradomin statue outside north east of Varrock. Your character will attempt to arrest him, and he will distract you while he goes into the Tunnel of Chaos. Follow him through the hole in the statue of Saradomin into the Tunnel of Chaos, then go to the first room on the left (west) where Dakh'thoulan Aegis stands, then enter the portal that leads to the Chaos Tunnels. Note that there are footsteps leading up to this portal. When traversing the Chaos Tunnels, make sure to enter any portals with the same footsteps. Not all rooms have portals with footsteps. Every second portal with footsteps will lead to a cut scene.
Note : Players should be very careful in the Chaos Tunnels as the whole zone is multi-combat. It is very highly recommended to activate the appropriate prayer and to equip an anti dragon shield when needed. Also do not underestimate the Dagannoths as many high leveled players have been caught by surprise at the rapid 5s that they hit.
You will encounter Surok three times in the tunnels, based on where you go.
- The first encounter, in the deadly red spider room, will involve seeing him killing 2 fire giants in one hit (File:111 hit.png111 damage each).
- The second encounter in the skeleton's room will involve your character attempting to stop him, but he will summon 2 big wolves, not to mention the undead already in the dungeon to attack you. Do as you wish with them.
- The last encounter is near the Dagannoth room (most north west region of the chaos tunnels). There you will encounter a portal to the west with the familiar footsteps. Enter it, and you will find Surok for the final combat.
The Boss Battle
Surok will summon Bork (level 267) which has fairly high defense, is immune to poison and only uses melee attacks. It is recommended to turn on Protect from melee and attempt to defeat him, for there are no known safe spots in this room. When Bork is at 3/4 health, he will summon 2-4 Ork legions (level 70) to attack you. If you stand near them, they will melee you. Otherwise they will range you. However, they will stop attacking you if you run across the cave. It is recommended to stand near them, as you have Protect from melee on.
The battle can be started and then restarted at a later time. This may be helpful if your resources have dwindled while traveling throughout the caves. It may be wise to begin the battle, teleport out, and re-enter when you are fully stocked using the shortest route to the final battle.
Be warned, Surok will also attack the player at times during the battle! His magical attacks can hit up to 27 on the player.
Surok can be attacked, however, no attack will have any effect on him at all.
When you defeat Bork, he will fall to the ground, defeated. Surok, realizing that he is defeated again, will call Zamorak for help and teleport out of the cave. Quickly, grab the monster's drops and get out, for the cave will be caving in. You will lose some hitpoints if you stay in the cave too long (you will only be damaged twice before being forced out of the area with your character saying "I'm getting out of here!").
Congratulations! Miniquest complete!
- A new boss fight Bork in the Chaos Tunnels which can be repeated daily (every 24 hours). Players leaving the fight before Bork is finished will not be able to come back until the next day. Players are advised to prepare properly.
- 5000 Slayer experience for the first kill and 250 experience for subsequent kills, and a 100% drop rate for Summoning charms (7 crimson, 2 green, 5 blue) for those who defeat him.
- Bork will also always drop big bones, around 2,000-10,000 coins and an uncut Sapphire, Emerald and Ruby.
- Bork has a chance of dropping a Level 3 Clue scroll.
- Ability to wear Dagon'hai robes.
- "Bork" is a reference to the Borg, a race in Star Trek that seeks to forcefully add other species into their collective. When fighting the Ork Legions that Bork summons, they may shout phrases like "We are the collective!" "Resistance is futile!", references to the Borg in Star Trek.
- "The Hunt for Surok" is a pun for another Star Trek movie titled: "The Search for Spock".
- "Bork" is a portmanteau of the two words 'Big and 'Ork'. This is noticeable as his examine states "That's one Big ork."
- Interestingly, Members who have completed What Lies Below can start the miniquest on free to play servers. They can encounter Surok near the entrance, and see the cutscene where he enters the tunnels. However, the player cannot enter the tunnel itself, thereby preventing the miniquest from progressing further
- In the news article about this miniquest, there is a line that states "for there are worse things than simple orks in the dark places of this world." This is taken from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring when they go into the Mines of Moria.