Charity tokens is a currency used in the Gielinorian Giving event.
They functioned in roughly the same way as Zamorakian emblems and similar currencies:
- They can be earned from almost any skilling action, or combat, every 3 minutes, or from completing daily challenges.
- They can be stored in the currency pouch.
- Up to 1,000 can be earned per day, for a total of 14,000 over the whole event.
- 10,000 tokens are required to earn all of the rewards, though they could be directly turned into event mystery boxes (250 each) or big event mystery boxes (500 each).
- Constitution, Prayer or Agility: 27–33 (For Constitution only activities such as Helter Skelter work; gaining experience in Constitution from combat only counts as killing a monster)
- All other non-combat skills: 22–27
- Killing monsters: 25–30
- Daily challenges: 74–90
- Extended daily challenges: 148–180
Alternatively, charity tokens can be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface Shop tab:
|Charity tokens||RuneCoins||Charity tokens per RuneCoin||Price in terms of bonds|
When a player received charity tokens, they were notified with one of the following messages:
- You find X Charity Tokens and place them in your bank. (When there was no space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Charity Tokens and place them in your inventory. (When there was space in your inventory and there were none in your currency pouch.)
- You find X Charity Tokens. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there were some already in your currency pouch.)
This was followed by a filterable message:
- You have gathered Y/1000 Charity Tokens for today.
When you obtained your daily limit, the following was shown:
- You have gathered 1000/1000 and have reached your gathering limit for today.
- You can use an event extender token to increase your gathering limit per day. These are available for purchase from the event store.
Ironman players can obtain and convert charity tokens just like regular players, but they would only receive cosmetic rewards. Once all cosmetic rewards had been claimed, Ironmen would no longer be able to convert additional charity tokens.
There are several methods of idly collecting tokens in Prifddinas, such as balancing on the Serenity posts in the Hefin district, pickpocketing elven clan workers, playing the harps in the Ithell district, mining Seren stones in the Trahaearn district or fishing at the Prifddinas Waterfall.