Chieftain Gunthor is the leader of Gunnarsgrunn. He is the father of Gudrun and the grandson of Gunnar, the founder of the village. He places great emphasis on honouring his ancestors, particularly Gunnar, who he frequently praises. Initially he believes this means being the raiders that his ancestors were, treating the village as a war camp rather than a peaceful settlement. However, through the combined efforts of Gudrun, the dwarven poet Dororan, and an adventurer, he is convinced that they are actually settlers.
While he upholds tradition greatly, Gudrun believes that he bought the house west of Varrock for her and doesn't want anyone to know about it.
- Gunthor will be nicer to those who have completed the The Fremennik Trials.
- After Gunnar's Ground, it is possible to have a drink with Gunthor. He and Haakon will say "skål", and the player will say cheers. A skål is a Scandinavian toast of friendship usually offered when drinking. After completing Glorious Memories, the player will say "skål" as well.
- Chieftain Gunthor used to be attackable at level 29 but he became unattackable along with the release of the quest Gunnar's Ground.
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "[Gunnar] was my great-grandpapa! He founded this village a hundred years ago."
- ^ Chieftain Gunthor, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "Run back to Gudrun and tell her to remember her forefathers! Tell her to think of Gunnar and what he would think of this insult!"
- ^ Chieftain Gunthor, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "We are the freemen of the ice. You think this is a settlement, but it is a camp of war!"
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "The poem says you can honour your ancestors by settling peacefully on the land they conquered."
- ^ Chieftain Gunthor, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "Gunthor says: This is Gunnar's ground, bought with blood! Let it remain Gunnar's ground forever! Here we settle! GUNNAR'S GROUND!"
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|