Cinderbane gloves are hybrid power gloves that can be obtained as a drop from creatures of the Lost Grove. They provide tier 85 hybrid armour (i.e. tier 70 equivalent), with tier 70 damage bonus. They additionally have a passive effect that applies poison at 1/6 chance to targets (including those hit by Dwarf multicannon and variants) while worn. This effect does not apply to poison immune targets. The passive effect remains active for up to 3 minutes after the gloves have been unequipped. This allows the gloves to be used as a switch in conjunction with other pairs of gloves.
If the target is already poisoned, the gloves add a chance for poison hits to refresh the poison effect and deal an extra hit. This extra hit can do the same and so on, potentially causing a chain of rapid poison hits. The chance for a poison hit to cause an extra hit is 1/6, and then calculated via an infinite series that the total poison damage increase introduced with this effect would be 20%.
These gloves have slightly better stats than atrocious rogue gloves with the poisoning effect, but are degradeable and lack the latter's life point bonus.
|Armour||74||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||Very rare|
|Moss golem||140||1||Very rare|
|Solak||2000; 7000||1||Very rare|
The drop rate is the same at 1/1,500 on task and 1/5,000 off task from the Lost Grove slayer creatures.
The drop rate from Solak is 1/1,000.
The base repair cost of the Cinderbane gloves when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 300,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0 param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
- There was a bug (now patched) when using these gloves against Telos phase 5 where the font was dealt poison damage from the gloves causing some of the fonts necessary for the phase to disappear.