Claws are free-to-play melee weapons. Their stats are identical to scimitars of similar level. Most types of claws can be created using the Smithing skill (apart from the black claw, the white claw, the ripper claw and the Dragon claw). Claws up to adamant can be bought from Martin Thwait in the Rogues' Den by players with 50 Thieving. Players can receive black claws as a uncommon drop from giant rock crabs. Dragon and ripper claws are dropped exclusively by tormented and ripper demons respectively.
Claws have an Attack requirement to wield them, commensurate with their tier. In addition to Attack, white claws also require level 10 Prayer and completion of the Wanted! quest, and chaotic claws require level 80 Dungeoneering.
Types of claws
|Off-hand bronze claw||1||-||-||-||Slash||24||150||0||0||0||-||-||-||268|
|Off-hand iron claw||10||-||-||-||Slash||48||202||0||0||0||-||-||-||600|
|Off-hand steel claw||20||-||-||-||Slash||96||316||0||0||0||-||-||-||1,012|
|Off-hand black claw||25||-||-||-||Slash||120||381||0||0||0||-||-||-||1,549|
|Off-hand white claw||25||-||-||-||Slash||120||381||0||0||0||-||-||-||2,798|
|Off-hand mithril claw||30||-||-||-||Slash||144||454||0||0||0||-||-||-||2,185|
|Off-hand adamant claw||40||-||-||-||Slash||192||628||0||0||0||-||-||-||3,460|
|Off-hand rune claw||50||-||-||-||Slash||240||850||0||0||0||-||-||-||3,835|
|Off-hand dragon claw||60||-||-||-||Slash||288||1132||0||0||0||-||-||-||40,770|
|Superior dragon claw||70||Slash||672||1486||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-||Dragon claw + Wilderness hilt|
|Superior off-hand dragon claw||70||-||-||-||Slash||336||1486||0||0||0||-||-||-||Off-hand dragon claw + Wilderness hilt|
|Chaotic claw||80||Slash||768||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-||Dragon claw + 5 chaotic spikes|
|Off-hand chaotic claw||80||-||-||-||Slash||384||1924||0||0||0||-||-||-||Off-hand dragon claw + 5 chaotic spikes|
|Off-hand ripper claw||85||-||-||-||Slash||408||2178||0||0||0||-||-||-||1,076,249|
- When attempting to wield claws while also wielding a crab claw in your glove slot, you will get a message saying "You need to remove your claw first." You can still wield claws while wielding a pirate's hook or the crabclaw hook.
- Unlike other weapons, claws used to have the option to "wear" instead of "wield". This was unique, as only equippable non-weapon items have this option.
- Claws used to exist in pairs, as a single item. They were separated into individual main hand and off-hand claws with the Evolution of Combat update. Before this, they were among the fastest two-handed weapons in the game.
- Death Plateau was once a requirement to smith claws. This was removed with Troll Warzone update on 31 January 2012.
- Claws were originally members-only weapons. This was changed with the update on 21 August 2017.
- After an unknown update, having a set of claws in the inventory allows both claws to be equipped simultaneously when one is equipped.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Dragon two-handed sword||Fastest two handed weapon in RuneScape (together with Saradomin Sword and Zamorakian Spear)||Incumbent|