Players can mine clay rocks at:
- the Crafting Guild (6 rocks)
- the Dwarven Mine (5 rocks)
- the Grand Tree Mine (15 rocks)
- the Fight Arena mining site (4 rocks)
- the Rimmington mining site (3 rocks)
- the Rellekka mining site (4 rocks)
- the South-west Varrock mining site (3 rocks)
- south of Barbarian Village (5 rocks)
- the Burthorpe mine (11 rocks)
- the Draynor Mine (5 rocks)
- the Menaphos Worker district (3 rocks)
- the Uzer mining site (10 rocks)
- the Desert Quarry (4 rocks)
- the Piscatoris mining site (2 rocks)
If a player uses water on clay, soft clay is created, awarding the player with 1 Crafting experience. As of 15 February 2011, players no longer need a container for the water, meaning soft clay can be made directly at a water source. This is used to make pottery in Crafting, Urns, furniture in Construction and Magic tablets.
If mining from the Ithell soft clay rocks or using a bracelet of clay while mining, soft clay is mined instead of clay for 28 uses per bracelet. Mining a soft clay rock with the bracelet will simultaneously mine two soft clay for every charge.
It is rare to find a gem in a clay rock.
|Experience (per ore)|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Exiled kalphite worker||75||1||Common|
|Mutated zygomite||58; 65||1||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Clay is the fastest respawning rock as it respawns in just one game tick.
- Players can get 200,000,000 experience by mining exactly 40,000,000 clay without bonus experience, generating a profit of 17,560,000,000 at the current Grand Exchange mid price.
- Training Mining with clay from level 1 to 99 would require a total of 2,606,887 pieces of clay be mined, which would turn a profit of 1,144,423,393 coins (at the current market price). It takes about 1 minute to mine 28 clay using a rune pickaxe and about 1 minute to bank and return so this means about 840 clay per hour, for a total of 3,104 hours of work.
- After the update that allows players to soften clay directly with a water source, including wells, players could still use some water-filled containers to do so. A bucket of water, jug of water and bowl of water may be used to soften clay, but not vials of water, waterskins or watering cans. The ones usable this way have an "empty" option but not those that are not, except for vials, which could be emptied but not used to soften clay.
- If the player uses a suitable filled container on dry clay while being within two squares of a water source, they would automatically refill the container and the player could soften all clay in one go, although it is simpler and faster to use the clay on the water source.