|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
Commander Zilyana, Keeper of the Faith, is the leader of Saradomin's army in the God Wars Dungeon. She is an Icyene, an ancient race of winged beings, chosen by Saradomin to guard his hilt. Commander Zilyana uses a melee attack and a magic attack. She uses them randomly and both attacks are quite accurate. She attacks with her multi-target magic attack when her sword glows with a bright blue aura and she raises it in the air. If the attack hits a player, a small wall of lightning will appear around the player. If her magic attack fails, nothing happens (no 0 life points splat, no splash). She attacks with melee when she simply slashes at the player with her sword. Her melee attack is not multi-target. Both her magic and melee attacks only work at close range.
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of 1900 life points and they are both very rapid (same speed as dual-wielded dagger-speed weapons), so players should be careful fighting her. She will also target the player that has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility and 40 Saradominist kills to reach her. In addition, she has 3 guards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 agility (neither summer pies nor agility potions will help).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. She is tied with fellow God Wars Dungeon bosses General Graardor, K'ril Tsutsaroth and Kree'arra for having the fifth highest combat level among monsters that can be fought with conventional means in RuneScape. Only Nex, the Queen Black Dragon, Vorago, and the Kalphite King are stronger.
If Blood spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for Saradomin swords and the amulets are not boosted.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches zero, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
Runes and Ammunition
Herbs, Potions and Seeds
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
|Super magic potion (3)||3||Uncommon||35,361|
|Prayer potion (4)||3||Uncommon||8,730|
|Saradomin brew (3)||3||Uncommon||44,676|
|Super defence (4)||3||Uncommon||32,172|
|Super restore (4)||3||Uncommon||8,394|
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ Only dropped during hard mode.
Rare drop table drops
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Godsword shard 1||1||Rare||148,863|
|Godsword shard 2||1||Rare||148,621|
|Godsword shard 3||1||Rare||148,582|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spin ticket||1||Rare||Not sold|
|File:Zilyana's notes.png||Zilyana's notes||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Saradominist soulstone||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||217,935–266,365|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||11,053|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||11,538|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||543,465–664,235|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||562,200–937,000|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,399|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,003,725–1,226,775|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||164,320–207,296|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||12,025–15,170|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||5,225–7,315|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||47,655–58,245|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||321,075–392,425|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||13,804–16,646|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||384,480–469,920|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||52,830–64,570|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||40,860–49,940|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||24,654–28,176|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||237,735–290,565|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||127,710–156,090|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||8,955|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||134,325–164,175|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||485,010–592,790|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||161,010–196,790|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||125,910–153,890|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||130,950–160,050|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||11,508–13,152|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||396,000|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||27,585–33,715|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||188,550–230,450|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||11,356–13,694|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||112,725–137,775|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||16,740–20,460|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||356,670–435,930|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||124,871|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,432,268,388|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
The World Wakes
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana recieved several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". It is currently unknown what happens when this occurs. Commander Zilyana's magical strength was increased, and her defences against other attacks she is not weak to has also increased.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, killing her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.