|Release date||Unknown edit|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||A vision of supernatural horror.|
The Corporeal Beast, also known as the Corp or simply CB, is currently the strongest monster in RuneScape, and is considered by many to be the most difficult creature to kill. It was released on 15 September 2008 along with the Summer's End quest, and requires the aforementioned quest to be completed in order to fight it. When it was released, players could stand underneath the Corporeal Beast and not be harmed by it but as of the 15 October 2008 updates Jagex changed this, giving the beast a stomp attack that harms any players underneath it.
The monster has a maximum melee hit of 51, a maximum Ranged hit of 55 and a maximum Magic hit of 65. It resides in a multicombat area, so it can be fought in teams. It has extremely high defence and hitpoint levels, making it extremely hard to solo. Until the Rest feature glitch occurred on 9 June 2009, there had been no confirmed reports of a successful solo (and there are some videos of players dealing all the damage, whilst the beast attacks others that supplies food to the player, not making it a "true" solo). The beast's health meter is three times as long as of players and all other NPCs. In short, there has yet to have been a comfirmed report of a successful one-man solo without the aide of a glitch or bug.
Although graves cannot be obtained within the area, if one dies outside the passage way, a grave will appear for them and players can retain their items. If a player dies within the beast's chambers, he/she can run back and pick up their items if they are quick enough, even though no gravestone appears.
The cave north of the ruined farms in the Wilderness, final room. Players must have completed the Summer's End quest to fight it. It should be noted that if players do not complete the requirements then they will not see the beast and the cavern will be empty.If players examine one of the wilderness signs, it'll say "Danger, Wilderness up ahead. Watch out for the Beast!" This is not a reference to the Corporeal Beast because this sign has been present since the year 2005 and there is a picture on the sign that resembles very closely the Chaos Elemental.
It is suggested to go to world 64 (unofficial Corporeal Beast extermination world). The easiest way to get to the cave is to run there from Clan Wars located in the east part of the wilderness. Usually teams meet up at the Clan Wars arena, Wilderness Volcano located in the centre of the wilderness, or outside the cave entrance.
From Clan Wars, players or teams may walk north/north-west until they come to the farm from the Spirit of Summer quest. Players then should walk north from the north-west corner of the farm until they come to the real-world version of the cave in which they fought the Spirit Beast in Summer's End. Enter then walk through to the final room.
The Corporeal Beast is in the final room, so it is advised to stop just outside the final room to regroup, turn on prayers, drink potions, etc.
WARNING: The Corporeal Beast area will not allow players to have a gravestone in the event that they die. On death players will only keep their three most valuable items (four with the Protect Item Prayer). However, players have exactly 2 minutes to return to the cave and pick up their lost items. Players should take extreme caution in which items they wish to keep and which ones they want to lose: when entering, players will receive a warning of the beast's danger. This, however, can be turned off after viewing it the first time. The fastest returning method is having a death spawn at camelot and taking a super energy along with teleporting to clan wars and running North West.
The beast's attacks are:
- A semi-transparent ball of energy propelled at a player. This is a Magic-based attack. This will deal around 55 damage with prayer off. This attack will also drain a player's stats temporarily by a small amount. The stats that can be drained are Magic, Prayer and Summoning.
- A more powerful spiky blast of energy at a player, which is magic-based. This can deal up to 65 damage, though damage is reduced with the Protect from Magic prayer. This will not block all damage from the Beast's magic attack, only 40%.
- An attack that looks like a flying claw. This targets a location on the ground, rather than a player. If players move out of the way before it lands, it will not deal them any damage. Once this lands it will fire off four smaller copies of itself that will not split. These attacks will deal up to around 40 damage individually, but if hurt by 3 or more of these attacks, it is very likely that a player will die, even those with level 99 Hitpoints. This amount is greatly reduced by the Protect from Magic Prayer.
- The beast will sometimes summon a Dark Energy Core. It is level 75, and has 25 Hitpoints. Even with its low Defence and Hitpoints, it may be difficult to kill as it is only attackable some of the time. The Stranger plant special move and Emerald bolts (e) will help to freeze it for a long period of time and even if you're close will damage you 1/100 times slower. The Dark Energy Core jumps around the room, hurting all players standing within one square of it for 6 to 12 Hitpoints rapidly; about every half second. Any damage this deals will also heal the beast. However, continually avoiding the Core will not help a team, because the Core cannot be attacked while it is jumping after a player. The best thing for players to do is just to kill it. They should not worry about the beast healing off them; these healed Hitpoints will be quickly depleted if the player has a good team.
- The beast also has a single target melee attack which hits up to 51. It can be blocked completely by the Protect from Melee Prayer, although this makes the other attacks far more dangerous. It will only use this attack while standing next to the target player. This move used to be avoidable by standing underneath the Beast until it targets another player, but is no longer effective because of the beast's stomp attack.
- The beast was given a stomp attack that damages players standing underneath it. This attack cannot be blocked with the Protect from Melee Prayer, and can deal up to 51 damage. Players can run out of his range of stomping so that they cannot be attacked, but this is hard to do. Vengeance will not activate if players were hit by this attack.
Its attacks will always follow through to the area outside the passage if already discharged, even when players leave.
- It's best to have a somewhat large team (10+) using a mixture of melee or ranged. Magic is not recommended because of ineffectiveness, and players may have their magic drained during the fight.
- Once your team is assembled outside the Corporeal Beast's lair, peek inside the corporeal beast's lair and see if anybody's there.
- If you are using LootShare, check now to make sure that everyone has turned it on, and the settings are how you want them.
- If you are using Lunar Spells, cast Vengeance.
- Drink any potions, turn on Protect from Magic and enter the lair.
- Note that Protect from Magic has been proven not to affect the amount it hits or how much it hits after the first 40% of the hit taken away.
- Once inside, spread out. The beast uses an attack that looks like a flying claw that will hit an area around where it lands, so spreading out will make this attack hit fewer people.
- Warriors should form a ring around the beast, while rangers or mages should scatter themselves around the beast but stay fairly close to the entrance.
- Key to survival in this fight is knowing when the beast has targeted you and running out of the cave before it can deal damage to you. However, if at any time the entire team would run out of the cave the beast will heal completely regardless of how much damage it has already taken.
- It used to be that if you needed to eat, you could just run under the beast and be safe. Now, he stomps on you if you try, and the Protect from Melee prayer does not prevent damage.
The strategy that most teams use to defeat the beast is called the West Method. Basically, players gather outside the entrance to the lair, where the beast cannot attack them. One player lures the beast, getting it near the entrance, and then all players go in and attack. Players run out when they get targeted to avoid heavy damage.
Before a team can use this method though, one person must lure the beast to the entrance of the cave. A player in the team should enter the cave (Protect from Magic advised) to attract its attention, and then immediately click out. The beast will follow him and get stuck at the entrance, trying to attack the player.
Once the Corporeal Beast has its attention on a player outside the entrance, a team may use the following strategy to kill the beast.
What to bring
Recommended weapons/attack types are:
A list of good stab weapons is as follows:
- Dragon halberd
- Dragon longsword*
- Dragon spear
- Guthan's warspear
- Verac's flail
- Vesta's longsword*
- Vesta's spear
- Zamorakian spear
Note: * = Can be used with a shield slot, such as a Rune defender, further increasing stats.
- Pros: No risk of losing any ammunition if you die, and very effective with it.
- Cons: The risk of dying is higher; the Claw attack gives less time to move out of the way if you are close to the beast. Also, you are more likely to be hurt by a Claw targeted at another player.
Ruby bolts (e)
- Pros: Ability to attack from a distance; hits up to 100.
- Cons: The risk of losing much more money (for the price of ammunition and crossbow) if you die.
Corporeal Beast is one of the few bosses that the Dwarf Multicannon can be used against.
- Pros: Easily takes care of killing the Dark Energy Core when it appears, which greatly improves a team's chances of success; a team should have 2-3 cannons if possible. Will not be lost on death, if it has been set up.
- Cons: Rarely damages the beast itself; risk of losing the cannon if killed before it is set up; risk of losing cannonballs on death.
Since the possibility of death is high, it is best to bring only what you need to fight, and little more. It is good advice to bring only offensive items, as the beast's attack is so high that wearing armour almost makes no difference. The only armours that noticeably affect how much damage you receive are the Elysian and Divine spirit shields; this is because of the bonus which reduces the damage received randomly or in exchange for prayer points. But for those extremely confident players in large advanced teams skill capes of defence, attack, strength, magic, ranged, or hitpoints would be helpful as skill cape have a special feature eneabling the wearer to have a skill 100/99 which would give an advantage, especially in hitpoints when fighting the corporeal beast.
Rangers are advised to bring:
Required Ranged level: 70+
- Weapon: Rune crossbow, Crystal bow
- Shield (if using a crossbow): Elysian or Divine spirit shield, God book
- Headwear: Archer helm, Helm of Neitiznot
- Neckwear: Amulet of fury, Amulet of glory, Games necklace
- Cape: Ava's accumulator, Ava's attractor
- Ammunition: Ruby bolts (e), *Emerald bolts (e) these freeze the core!*
- Body: Armadyl chestplate, Karil's leathertop, Black d'hide body
- Legwear: Armadyl plateskirt, Karil's leatherskirt, chaps
- Footwear: Snakeskin boots, Climbing boots, Ranger boots
- Ring: Ring of life, Ring of recoil
Warriors are advised to bring:
- Weapon: Vesta's spear, Zamorakian spear, Dragon halberd, Guthan's warspear, Verac's flail, Vesta's longsword, Dragon spear(p++), Dragon Longsword
- Alternate weapon: Dragon dagger(p++), Dragon Claws
- Shield (if using a 1h weapon): Dragonfire shield, Rune defender, Divine or Elysian spirit shield, Dragon sq shield, Rune kitesheild, Rune berserker shield
- Headwear: Verac's helmet, Helm of neitiznot, Warrior helm, Proselyte sallet, Initiate sallet
- Neckwear: Amulet of fury, Amulet of glory, a Salve Amulet may work, but this claim is unverified and Amulet of Strength, *Games necklace for teleporting to clan wars to walk.*
- Cape: Fire cape, Cape of Accomplishment, Obsidian cape, Cape of legends
- Body: Verac's brassard, Fighter torso, Proselyte hauberk, Black d'hide body, Bandos chestplate, Initiate hauberk
- Legwear: Verac's plateskirt, Bandos tassets, Proselyte cuisse / Proselyte tasset, Black d'hide chaps, Initiate cuisse
- Footwear: Bandos boots, Dragon boots, Climbing boots, Rune boots, *Infinity boots, jester boots for mage defence
- Glove: Barrows gloves, Best Recipe for Disaster Gloves you have, Any Family Crest Gauntlets, Regen bracelet
- Ring: Ring of life, Ring of recoil
Note: The Guthan's and Verac's set may be used for their useful set effect. The Dragon and Zamorakian spear's special attack, "Shove" may be used to deal with the Dark Energy Core. It will not work on Corporeal Beast
The rest of the inventory can be filled with:
- Food - Shark, Saradomin brews, Manta Rays, Tuna Potatoes; Be aware that the beast can kill a player in one hit, so food can not be always depended on during the fight.
- Potions - Super restore potions/Prayer potions, Super sets for warriors, Ranging potions for rangers
- Dwarf Multi-Cannon (having more is best as it will deal a lot more damage)
- One-click teleport (Ectophial, Teleport crystal, teleport tablets, etc.)
- The Vengeance spell deals large amounts of damage and will not miss, but it is hard to make sure if the spell is active for the whole team.
- Be cautious and stay away from the beast if bringing Summoning familiars, as the Beast will devour them after a set time period.
- Warning: Always confirm the Items Kept on Death before entering. It is very probable that you will die, regardless of circumstances. Use of quick-prayers for Protect from Magic and Protect Item is recommended. After receiving an item from LootShare, recheck your Items Kept on Death. Gaining a Mystic Robe piece, Dragon longsword or other items might be kept over something else you might want to keep.
- A Ring of Life or Phoenix necklace may be used to prevent death. However, this will only help sometimes as the Beast can easily hit more than 10%/20% of any player's Hitpoints.
- If standing directly under the beast, the retribution prayer does not activate.
Extra help:If in a large team all players should have done Dwarf Cannon and have one with them. A team of 15 people each with a dwarf cannon could succsesfully kill the beast over and over again (note that killing the beast with only dwarf cannons is almost impossible.)
- 25,000 to 50,000 coins
- Spirit shield (also dropped by Tormented wraith and Ghostly warriors). 1/50
- Holy Elixir (also dropped by Tormented wraith) 1/100
- Spectral sigil(Very rare) 1/500
- Arcane sigil(Very rare) 1/1000
- Elysian sigil(Extremely rare) 1/1500
- Divine sigil(Extremely rare) like 1/2500
Weapons, armour and ammo
- Mystic air staff
- Mystic fire staff
- Mystic earth staff
- Mystic water staff
- 750 Adamant arrows
- 250 Rune bolts
- 175 Onyx bolts (e) uncommon
- 2,000 Cannonballs
- Mystic robe top (blue/white)
- Mystic robe bottom (blue/white)
- Dragon longsword
- 5 Rune javelin
- Dragon spear
- Dragon halberd
- Regen bracelet
- Dragon med helm
- 2 Dragon Spears (noted)
Essence and runes
- 2,500 Pure Essence notes
- 250 Law runes
- 300 or 500 Cosmic runes
- 300 Death runes
- 50-250 Soul runes
- 100 Blood runes
Ores, bars, gems, and jewellery
- 100 Teak planks (noted)
- 150 Mahogany logs (noted)
- 100 Green dragonhides (noted)
- 24 Watermelon seeds
- 10 Ranarr seeds
- 120 White berries
- Crystal key
- 30 Tuna potato (unnoted)
- 70 Raw sharks (noted)
- 120 Desert goat horns (noted)
- 100 Dragon bones (noted)
- 75 Magic logs (noted)
- 100k Raw chickens (noted) 1/100k chance
- During the 9 June 2009 game engine update glitch players could solo the corporeal beast because it would not retaliate in any way. The only users banned were the ones who, in posted videos, there name was given out. These were almost all temporary.
- During the summoning login screen during the release of the skill, some players said that if you turned the brightness and contrast down to 0 on your computer, you could see a hidden monster head on the screen, which some say is the corporeal beast.
- During the first 2 months of Corporeal beasts' release due to Controversy players would use Protect from missles instead of Protect from Magic against the Corporeal Beast.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|TzTok-Jad||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Incumbent|