|Release date||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|Logs||Logs (313 coins)|
|Cannot be grown|
|Examine||• Only good for firewood now.|
• This tree has been long dead.
• Timbo Tree: Never let Mod Timbo near a thing of beauty.
An old, weather-beaten tree.
Dead trees are trees that act as interactive scenery. They have a different look than normal trees, though they usually act the same. They require level one Woodcutting to cut and give normal logs. Some at Draynor Manor and the Haunted Woods attack unsuspecting players if they walk up beside them, dealing up to 60 life points of damage. If said trees are examined after doing Animal Magnetism, they are called undead trees.
- Wilderness (some cannot be cut)
- Draynor Manor
- Throughout Morytania (cannot be cut)
- Rune Essence mine
- Lumbridge Swamp
- Keep Le Faye
- West Ardougne
- Edgeville (after Ritual of the Mahjarrat)
- Botany Bay
- Their examine posits they are "only good for firewood"; despite this, their logs function fully as traditional ones.
- The dead tree, when cut, offers the same logs as a normal tree, and therefore, burns like a normal tree's log would.
- There is an inaccessible dead tree with a chop option south of Gu'Tanoth.
- A regular tree behind the building with anvils in Yanille was removed in a hidden update. After a thread on the RuneScape forums, it was added back as a dead tree a week later with the examine text: "Never let Mod Timbo near a thing of beauty". Its stump's examine text reads: "Tiiiimmmmmbbbboooooooooo!"