|Release||1 October 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Sizzling Summer: You will not be refunded a fate token if you destroy this. If you have remaining tokens you can obtain more from the fate cards.|
Balthazar's Big Raffle: You will not be refunded a raffle ticket if you destroy this.
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A dart that kills almost anything. Does not work in PvP.|
Deathtouched dart is an item that will kill almost any monster in the game with one hit.
It was originally rewarded to players that had picked the Instakill Dart option from the fate cards, received for having membership throughout August and September 2012 as part of Sizzling Summer. A maximum of four darts could be obtained from the fate cards.
With the release of Deep Sea Fishing, they are occasionally in stock at the Travelling Merchant's Shop for a cost of 5,000,000 coins. When a dart is used, it does not give any combat experience; however, Slayer experience will still be gained if used to kill an appropriate Slayer target.
During the September 2014, 2015, and 2017 Balthazar's Big Raffle event, a set of three deathtouched darts could be won by entering the raffles on Thursdays and Fridays, respectively. Deathtouched darts returned again in 2016 as a possible reward from the Summer Sweepstake and again in 2018 as a reward from Parcels from the Hedge.
If a dart is used to kill a boss, the kill will not count in the Beasts tab (and thus not count for a Soul Reaper assignment), nor can it be used for a fast time on the boss. There is a 15 minute penalty in which any bosses killed during this time will not have their kills and fastest kill speed recorded. Players are informed of this in the message box when the penalty is applied and lifted.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Lost property (bulky)||N/A||1||Always|
|Lost property (weighty)||N/A||3||Always|
- Most quest bosses outside and inside the Dominion Tower (see here for the quest bosses where it does not work)
- All non-quest, minigame and D&D bosses, including:
- Corporeal Beast
- Araxxor (Kills one phase only)
- Har-Aken (Dart must be used on the head and not on the tentacles for a successful kill)
- All God Wars Dungeon bosses, including normal mode Nex
- All Heart of Gielinor bosses, including Nex: Angel of Death
- Queen Black Dragon (One dart will kill all stages)
- Kalphite Queen (Kills only one form)
- Kalphite King
- Chaos elemental
- Telos, the Warden (Clears one phase only. Can be used to complete the trimmed completionist cape requirement when defeating Telos at 100% enrage. Will not work at 500%, 2,000% or 4,000% enrage for the respective green, silver, or golden versions of the the Warden title.)
- The Magister (including the pillars)
- The Sanctum Guardian
- Masuta the Ascended
- Memory of Nomad (Clears one phase only. Using a dart will allow the cyan soul cape (and the ravensworn cape) to be obtained. Can also be used to complete the trimmed completionist cape requirement of defeating him once and loot the reward chest.)
Does not work on
- Other players
- Anything inside Daemonheim
- Fire Warrior of Lesarkus (it interrupts combat, unless you use ice arrows)
- Blood nihil (If used on them, they recover and heal their allies.)
- Morvran's slayer challenge (Bosses killed with a deathtouched dart do not drop the dark crystals needed for the assignment.)
- Training dummy at the Combat Academy (Doing so prevents you from using it and display the error message: "You cannot use the Deathtouched dart on a training dummy.")
- Monsters in Liberation of Mazcab:
- Vorago (except for phase 3 in normal mode and phases 3–8 in hard mode)
- Solak, the Grove Guardian
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent (except for the black crystals)
- Mega Duck
- Does not work on these quest bosses:
- Tarshak in Hero's Welcome, as "That NPC is already being insta-killed!"
- Sliske in Sliske's Endgame (although it will work on the bosses before him)
- General Graardor in The Mighty Fall
- The Dark Lord in Plague's End
- Lucien in Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Captain Rabid Jack in Pieces of Hate
- Chaos Hreidmar and Chaos Grimsson in Birthright of the Dwarves
- Dagannoth Mother in Blood Runs Deep, unless she is in her vulnerable to ranged stage
- TokHaar-Hok in The Brink of Extinction, when inside of lava flow
Tips for effective use
- If used with Soul Split, the player receives the full healing effects, completely healing them, depending on what they killed. This doesn't work with all the monsters.
- If using just for obtaining potential profit, it is recommended to use the darts on either Nex or the Kalphite King. They can also be used to save a streak at Telos.
- Players must be careful when using the dart on Vanstrom if the bloodveld leechers are around to heal him.
- When used on Nex, make sure to use Anticipation or Freedom before she becomes attackable - she can possibly drag the player in with her magic attacks during the smoke phase, which nullifies all incoming damage from that player temporarily, including the dart itself.
- Darts can be brought to phase 5 of Telos for use in emergencies or simply for increasing the player's maximum enrage.
- Darts can also be useful for Hardcore Ironmen when attempting to kill bosses that you cannot teleport from, such as Araxxor or Telos.
- Deathtouched darts cannot be alchemised, disassembled, or fed to a baby troll.
- Before 18 June 2018, deathtouched darts could not be placed in a keepsake key.
- The instakill hitsplat can also appear on the player when certain special attacks are used by Vorago, Yakamaru, Telos, Nex: Angel of Death, and Solak.
- The sheathed and unsheathed stance for the dart is nearly the same. This also applies to certain items, such as the hand cannon.
- Deathtouched darts at one point did not kill Nex instantly. This bug lead to a lot of people dying and causing a grave glitch where you had to cast Telekinetic Grab to pick up your items from your grave.
- Previously, players could run to phase three whilst fighting Araxxor and kill him instantly to move on to fighting Araxxi. This is no longer possible, and players must fight through all three waves before getting to Araxxi.
- The dart previously worked against Vorago, killing one phase per dart. In the final phase, it would only work if thrown by the player with the maul of omens, but doing so in hard mode would not unlock "the Defeater" title.
- The drops obtained from kills with a dart do count for boss collection logs, so it is theoretically possible to get a boss title with 0 kill count on the boss.
Main hand thrown weapons
|Membership thanks gifts|