|Release||28 January 2013 (Update)|
|A potent force of bloodshed and evil.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|54 / 36 / 18|
5 ticks (3.0s)
Demon bosses are encountered as part of the Demon Flash Mobs Distraction and Diversion. They serve as the main boss of the activity, although only one appears within each mob. It is protected by six imp heralds, four lesser demons and two black demons. Its name and, to some degree, its appearance is random, but the prefix and suffix of its name will affect its abilities.
The demon boss will initially spawn at half of its life points, but will be unattackable until its lesser demons and black demons are destroyed. The demon boss will siphon life from these demons to recover lost health, hitting lesser demons for 3000 each hit (healing the same amount in the process) and hitting black demons for 6000 a hit. Players can slay the minions in order to minimise how much health the demon boss recovers and to attack the boss quicker.
Attempting to use prayers or curses, excluding Protect Item while fighting the demon will cause it to deal higher damage with higher accuracy when hitting you. Using Blood spells will also heal the demon. Using protection prayers with Devotion will not reduce or prevent damage and will be ignored. The demon will also heal 10% of the damage it deals, rounded up.
Its' attacks can occasionally remove the effects of Resonance.
Demon bosses spawn 15 minutes after a notification is given out on where their energy is building up. If the demon boss is not killed within an hour upon spawning, it will despawn, leaving players with no loot if it does so.
They are classified as Greater demons; thus, killing them counts towards any greater demon Slayer task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of Slayer boosts.
The boss of a demon flash mob will have a prefix to his name. This prefix determines the attacks the boss will use mainly, or what it is particularly good at.
|General||Accurate melee attacks|
|Executioner||High hitting attacks|
|Castellan||Very high defence|
|Deacon||User of magic|
The boss of a demon flash mob will also have a suffix to his name. This suffix determines what special abilities this boss demon has.
|Blazing||Burning damage over time (50 magic damage every 2 ticks without damage reduction), can be cleared using Freedom|
|Corrupting||Poison area of effect (everyone within 3 squares of the boss is inflicted with poison that can deal over 1000 damage)|
|Frostborn||Ice area of effect (everyone within 3 squares of the boss is stunned for three seconds)|
|Glorious||Stun (lasts for three seconds at a time)|
|Infernal||Fire area of effect (5 magic damage every 2 ticks without damage reduction), can be cleared with Freedom|
|Obscured||Drains stats of nearby players|
|Pestilent||Poison damage over time (extremely powerful poison, dealing from 600-1100 damage)|
|Rending||Bleeding damage over time (50 melee damage every 2 ticks without damage reduction), can be cleared with Freedom|
|Shattering||Melee attacks hit everyone within 3 squares of the boss|
|Terrifying||Halves adrenaline gain of nearby players|
|Zamorak Demons||Zaros Demons||Zarosian meaning|
|Jah'shu||Janio||Janus (Double faced)|
|Qr'rel||Quietus||The silent/The peaceful|
Fighting the pre-boss demons
- None of you will survive my wrath!
- My minions will feast on your bones!
- I will wear your flesh like a cloak!
- You killed my heralds. Your nations will burn.
- You will all fall before my minions!
- Those were but my weakest followers.
- Fools, the true fight begins now!
- You dare meddle in my affairs? Kill them!
Demon boss finishing off its own minions
- My lord! I have returned!
- Yes... I am reborn!
- I will consume everything!
- More! I crave more death!
- More pain consumed!
- Your destruction fuels my rage!
- I will destroy you!
- Your flesh is weak!
- Blood! Blood heals me!
- Is that all? I must have more!
- More! Give me more!
- Bow down, mortal!
- Now to take my place!
In order to receive a drop, the player must deal at least 500 damage to the demon boss in a single hit; once this condition is met a notification will be given to the player. The player must also stay in combat with the boss until it dies to be eligible for the rewards. If the player gets out of combat by any means, they will lose the ability to get the drop from the demon, and must deal 500 damage in a single hit again to be eligible for a drop. The demon boss must also have a significant amount of health left if a "damaging" blow is dealt; if it is too low, joining players will not be eligible for rewards.
Fighting a demon boss in the Wilderness will give different drops and a drastically increased drop rate for the demon slayer equipment. Demon slayer equipment will always be included as a secondary drop, similar to clue scrolls and effigies.
A demon boss will always drop a minimum of five drops. A single player can receive five separate drops if they manage to defeat it alone. If two to four players defeat a demon, leftover drops will go to participants.
|Infernal ashes||1; 5||Always||1,657–8,285|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,123 kills.|
3 charms are dropped at a time.
|Demon slayer circlet||1||Rare||59,862|
|Demon slayer torso||1||Rare||73,741|
|Demon slayer skirt||1||Rare||86,969|
|Demon slayer gloves||1||Rare||3,249,885|
|Demon slayer boots||1||Rare||153,513|
|Rune 2h sword||1||Uncommon||36,735|
|Demon slayer crossbow||1||Rare||111,386|
|Off-hand demon slayer crossbow||1||Rare||47,025|
Herbs and Seeds
|Grimy irit||14–28; 30||Uncommon||50,456–108,120|
|Grimy avantoe||8–16; 20||Uncommon||5,896–14,740|
|Grimy lantadyme||5; 10||Uncommon||26,470–52,940|
|Lantadyme seed||2; 3||Uncommon||878–1,317|
Ores, bars and gems
The name of the demon boss killed determines which demonic title scrolls it can drop. For example, a demon named General Acidius the Blazing can drop Demonic title scroll (general) and Demonic title scroll (blazing).
|Demonic title scroll (terrifying)||1||Rare||10,435,481|
|Demonic title scroll (shattering)||1||Rare||16,111,721|
|Demonic title scroll (rending)||1||Rare||515,980|
|Demonic title scroll (pestilent)||1||Rare||2,629,726|
|Demonic title scroll (obscured)||1||Rare||3,915,444|
|Demonic title scroll (infernal)||1||Rare||23,924,712|
|Demonic title scroll (glorious)||1||Rare||25,973,515|
|Demonic title scroll (frostborn)||1||Rare||107,350,176|
|Demonic title scroll (corrupting)||1||Rare||4,301,230|
|Demonic title scroll (blazing)||1||Rare||63,565,730|
|Demonic title scroll (castellan)||1||Rare||3,276,126|
|Demonic title scroll (deacon)||1||Rare||3,965,464|
|Demonic title scroll (executioner)||1||Rare||12,100,583|
|Demonic title scroll (general)||1||Rare||13,193,006|
|Infernal ashes||30; 40; 60||Uncommon||49,710–99,420|
|Shield left half||1||Uncommon||64,982|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||7,661|
- ^ The amount of 5 is dropped in the Wilderness.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Acts as a normal drop so it's only given to the player that dealt most damage.
- ^ The amount of 30 is dropped in the Wilderness.
- ^ The amount of 20 is dropped in the Wilderness.
- ^ The amount of 10 is dropped in the Wilderness.
- ^ The amount of 3 is dropped in the Wilderness.
- ^ 45,000 is dropped in the Wilderness and 20,000 outside
- ^ The amount of 60 is only dropped in the Wilderness.
- On release, the demon boss would deal increased damage if any prayers/curses were being used. Due to player complaints about Wilderness spawns (at the time, skulls had been removed) which forced players to bring cheaper weapons or risk dying due to both the threat of player killers and the damage/accuracy of the boss, this was changed to allow the Protect Item prayer/curse to be used without any penalties.
- The demon boss had 480,000 life points before they were lowered on 2 February 2015. It also had a Defence level of 132.
- The demon boss has a total of 2080 possible names.