The demonic skull can be purchased from the Mage of Zamorak in the Wilderness for 550,000 coins after the Abyss (miniquest). When worn, it gives increased experience in certain skills while in the Wilderness. A demonic skull icon is shown above the player's head while it is equipped. It is always lost when killed in PvP situations and 500,000 coins drops in its place.
Having the skull equipped removes the usual Wilderness level rules. Any player can be attacked by any other player, regardless of combat level, making the skull extremely dangerous for some players. Vengeance, Retribution, and Wrath do not work while the demonic skull is equipped.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Wilderness level restrictions are removed - wearers can be attacked by any other player, regardless of combat level
- Vengeance, Retribution, and Wrath do not function for the wearer
- Runecrafting experience from the Abyss will increase from 2.5 times the normal amount to 3.5 times the normal amount.
- Agility experience gained from the Wilderness Agility Course is given a scaling increase starting at level 50; each level past 50 increases the experience by 4%. This means that at level 75 Agility, experience from the course is doubled, and at level 99 Agility experience is 296% the usual experience. Using agility boosting items such as a summer pie will not earn any additional experience.
- The following actions have their experience rewards increased by 20%:
- Slayer experience from killing monsters for Slayer experience in the Wilderness. This is a multiplicative increase; that means killing monsters while on a Slayer contract (Wilderness) will give 44% experience, not 40%.
- Farming experience from the herb and flower patches in the Wilderness.
- Hunter experience from hunting charming moths
- Divination experience from converting the memories at the cursed wisp Divination colony
The demonic skull must be equipped prior to the player entering the Wilderness in order for its effects to be applied. If the player unequips the demonic skull, its bonuses will be removed until the player re-enters the Wilderness with it equipped or if the player interacts with any skilling activity affected by the demonic skull past level 20 Wilderness.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- There was a bug where if the player left the Abyss to a runecrafting altar, travelled back into the abyss and then exited into an altar again in less than 60 seconds, the bonus experience did not refresh and the player only received the base experience if it expired before crafting the runes. This meant that it could be advantageous to wait until the message saying: "You no longer are eligible for extra runecrafting experience." appeared before exiting the Abyss. This was fixed on 7 September 2015.
- The skull resembles Zamorak's head and K'ril Tsutsaroth's helmet.
- On its release, the demonic skull only affected Runecrafting experience. Boosts for Agility, Slayer, Hunter, and Divination were added in an update on 8 August 2016.
- The demonic skull did not always drop on death between 8 August and 17 October 2016. It was treated like any other item.
- If the demonic skull is used alongside Agility brawling gloves, then the demonic skull bonus will take priority and the bonuses will not stack. However, the brawling gloves will still lose their charge.