|Release date||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Dismember your target, dealing up to 188% weapon damage over 6 seconds.|
Click animation for full size
Dismember is a basic Strength ability. When activated the player inflicts a bleed upon their opponent, doing 5 equal hits, dealing total of up to 188% weapon damage over 6 seconds. The minimum (total) hit of this ability is 100% weapon damage. Each individual hit is rounded down.
Like most other damage-over-time abilities, the damage of this ability is not increased by:
- damage-boosting prayers/curses,
- additional damage applied by having boosted levels (i.e. from potions - note that this is a separate damage increase to the base damage increase from having a higher level),
- damage increasing abilities like Berserk
- all variants of Void Knight equipment,
- the black mask and all slayer helm variants.
This may make it less desirable in some situations, but due to its higher-than-normal minimum hit, it is still one of the higher-damage abilities on average. However, Dismember also has an abnormally high chance of hitting its minimum damage, which makes its average ability damage Sever or Decimate, which both have an average ability damage of and are affected by the above boosts).(compare to
|Rank||Damage Increase||Minimum Hit Chance||Average Damage||Effective Increase|
|1 Hit||All Hits||All Hits (Cape)||All Hits||All Hits (Cape)|
- ^ Chance for the ability to deal minimum damage