- Not to be confused with Ascendancy mine.
Dominion mines are a reward that can be purchased from the Strange face after killing 400 bosses and finishing all special challenges, with the exception of Sunfreet, within the Dominion Tower. Each mine costs 1000 coins and 10 are purchased at a time. Players can only place 2 dominion mines per minute.
These mines always hit 20% of the monster's maximum life points, up to 10,000 melee damage. They are useful if you want to get a strong hit on monsters with high life points such as rune dragons. Monsters will not become aggressive when hit by a mine. Dominion mines can only be triggered by NPCs with less than level 138 combat, making most bosses immune to them. Vulnerability does not increase damage the mines deal.
Usage in boss encounters
- Against Gregorovic, who randomly changes combat levels between 1 and 1000, occasionally allowing him to become vulnerable to Dominion mines.
- Against level 127 black hands summoned during the fight with the Black stone dragon due to their high defence.
- Against Volatile rootlings spawned by Solak - in duo mode, two mines can instantly destroy a rootling as soon as they spawn.
- Against the Abomination after the quest Hero's Welcome, which has very high defence, making mines useful against it.
- Against black crystals during the battle with Seiryu the Azure Serpent due to the limited time given to damage them.