Eblis is a Zarosian mystic from the Desert Bandit Camp who seeks to free the Mahjarrat Azzanadra from his prison in the Jaldraocht Pyramid. His ancestors were forced into the desert in order to survive, something that he hates. He and his fellow Zarosians wait for the day they can reclaim Zaros's empire. He has a particular hatred of outsiders, especially those from the Varrock Museum, believing them all to be opportunistic thieves who would take what little he and his people have left for personal gain.
When an adventurer, seeking Desert Treasure, approached him, he initially thought that they were from the Varrock Museum and refused to help him. However, when they soon asked about the Diamonds of Azzanadra he believed they were willing to help him, and explained how they were stolen. He offered to help track them if the adventurer obtained the items needed to create a number of mystical mirrors, which could be used to track the diamonds' power and thus approximate location. He set the mirrors up near the Bandit Camp lodestone. When the adventurer successfully obtained all four diamonds, he explained further, stating the diamonds themselves were Azzanadra's power and begged the adventurer to free his lord. When the adventurer returned afterwards, Eblis was disappointed that Azzanadra had supposedly ignored his followers, but concluded that his lord was merely dealing with the effects of his long imprisonment.
He offers to sell a single ancient staff for 80,000 coins once Azzanadra has been freed, an heirloom passed down from the warrior mages during the days of the Empire. Buying the staff completes the Buying Up Ancient Artefacts requirement for the master quest cape.
Afterwards, he remains by the mirrors, believing the spot to be important. After the Fate of the Gods quest is completed, he may be informed of Zaros' return, and initially believes that they are joking but soon realises that they are serious, and notes the large amount of anima and divine energy in the surrounding area, believing it to be a remnant of the Kharidian–Zarosian War.
- His name comes from the Arabic Iblīs (إبليس in Arabic) which is the name of Satan.
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Nobody would build anything in this wasteland unless they were forced to, to survive. I know of no fortress, I know of no reason why anyone would ever bother doing anything out here in the desert."
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Someday, a harsh wind will blow upon this land, uncovering the wrongs of the past, and we will get back what is rightfully ours."
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "The only time people care about our existence is when they think they have something to gain from us. I have nothing to say to you. You and your kind are not welcome here."
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Please accept my apologies noble sir/madam! I thought you were but some opportunistic thief, looking to steal what heritage we have left!"
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "[Y]ou may be interested in purchasing an ancient heirloom that was passed down to me. My ancestor fought in the ancient battles using the magic of our god...Normally I could not bear to part with such a priceless relic, but for your help in freeing my Lord Azzanadra, I will be prepared to sell it to you for a mere 80,000 gold."
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Take care of it, it is the only heirloom from those times I possess, although rumour has it many of our ancient warriors were buried with identical weapons so that they could continue to fight for my Lord in their deaths."
- ^ Eblis, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Greetings. I await the return of my Lord Azzanadra and of our god. I do not know why, but I feel this spot has some significance..."