|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Cannot be grown|
|Examine||The aged tree dominates with its huge presence.|
The trees have a unique quality in which they are individually cut instead of shared between players. After 5 minutes of continued chopping, the tree is depleted of branches and becomes unavailable to the player on all worlds until it regrows. It takes roughly 10 minutes of in-game time for the tree to completely regrow (however, you don't need to wait to cut any of the other Elder trees in that world; you can rotate going to all of the locations throughout Gielinor to continue cutting Elder trees).
When cutting, the player will obtain 325 xp per set of elder logs, which can be fletched by high level fletchers into elder shortbows at level 90 Fletching, or Elder shieldbows at level 95 Fletching. These logs may also be burned by players with level 90 Firemaking for 435 xp.
|150px||North of Legends Guild||Fairy ring blr, Ardougne teleport, Ardougne lodestone|
|150px||South of Yanille|
|150px||Northwest of Gnome Stronghold bank||Spirit tree|
|150px||South of Draynor Village bank||Amulet of Glory, Draynor lodestone|
|150px||North of Falador Farm, southeast of Falador.||Explorer's ring, Falador teleport|
|150px||South of Varrock, north of the Rat Pen, west of East Varrock Mine. South of the Chaos altar (prayer altar).||Varrock lodestone, Varrock teleport|
|150px||Near magic trees, south west of Lletya||Teleport crystal, Tirannwn lodestone|
|150px||Piscatoris hunter area||Phoenix lair teleport, Fairy ring akq, Eagles Peak lodestone|
|150px||South of Edgeville, near the Stronghold of Safety.||Edgeville lodestone, Amulet of Glory, Skull scepter|
|150px||Directly south of Melzar's Maze, West of POH Portal in Rimmington||Rimmington tablet, Clan vexillum, Skills necklace, Port sarim lodestone|
- There are a number of Easter eggs related to the Elder tree. These include:
- Using compost on the tree gives the message "It's a nightmare to get out of the ground."
- Using Blue flowers on the tree results in a message saying "Hmm, Elder Flowers."
- Using any type of Summoning scrolls on the tree results in a message saying "5 was the best.", a reference to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Using exactly 5 Summoning scrolls on the tree results in the message "I used to be a woodcutter like you, until I took an arrow in the knee.", another reference to Skyrim.
- Using an Enchanted lyre on the tree results in the message "Respect your elders!"
- Using White berries on one results in "How cordial.".
- Using a ring of stone on a tree gives the message "I'd kiln for one of those.".
- With the release of the trees, a blank white area appeared next to the Exiled Kalphite Hive, which contained many Elder trees, Crystal trees, Elder pyre logs and Funeral pyres. This was used to test the new trees before release.