The Fairy Tale quest series is a series of four quests. It involves the fairies and is centred on Zanaris. It reveals a plot against the Fairy Queen and shows the fairies struggle to reclaim their city.
After discovering the city, the player becomes involved in helping the fairies. The Fairy Queen becomes sick, and the Fairy Godfather governs the city and sends the player to help cure the queen. The cure does not fully work, and it turns out the godfather is plotting to kill the queen and assume permanent control over the city. The queen and some other fairies flee to a secret hideout, where with the players assistance they cure the queen and plan to regain control of the city. In a counter attack the player battles the Orks and the Godfather, and succeeds in killing them, which finishes off the Godfather. Zanaris is returned to the fairies and the Fairy Queen.
The player learns about a lost city through a group of NPCs at the Lumbridge Swamp. A leprechaun tells the player that the city can entered via a small shack in the swamp, but the player must be wielding a Dramen staff. The player travels to the Entrana Dungeon to acquire a branch for the staff from a special tree. The challenge is that no weapons or armour are allowed on Entrana, but the dungeon is inhabited by aggressive monsters, including a spirit that protects the tree. A player who succeeds in cutting a branch gets a Dramen staff, and the quest ends with the player entering Zanaris.
Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
The crops of G.A.G. (the Group of Advanced Gardeners) are failing, and Martin the Master Gardener sends the player to find out why. One of five farmers tells the player that the fairies are responsible. The player investigates and find out that the fairy queen in Zanaris is sick from a fight with the Tanglefoot. While the queen is sick, crops will not grow correctly.
The fairy godfather is running the city in the queen's absence and enlists the player to search for a cure. The player talks to many NPCs in a search for a cure, finally discovering that the Tanglefoot must be killed with a pair of Magic secateurs, to recover the queen's secateurs which can be used to make the cure. The quest ends with the player giving the secateurs to the godfather. Orks appear throughout Zanaris afterwards.
Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
The player discovers from Martin the Master Gardener that the crops are still not growing correctly. The player travels to Zanaris and discovers the fairy godfather did not use the queen's secateurs to cure the queen. Instead, he and his forces, including his Ork allies, took over Zanaris. The queen and several fairies escaped and went into hiding.
The player learns how to find the queen's hideout, and this discovery unlocks full access to the Fairy ring teleport system. The player helps the fairies, recovers the secateurs by pickpocketing the godfather, and assists the fairies in curing the queen. The quest ends with the godfather and the orks still in control of the city, with the queen still in hiding but planning how to regain control of the lost city of Zanaris.
Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
After much planning the Fairy resistance is plotting a counter attack. The player learns that the Godfather has created a large rift and is summoning orks from it. The player enters new fairy rings leading to lands such as Ape Atoll. Using Fairy Tooth Magic they cause toothaches in the Ork Generals. After obtaining the Tooth Fairy's wand and ork teeth, the player prepares for a battle against several orks, the ork generals, and the Fairy Godfather himself. They win and teleport with the fairies after witnessing the rift swallow the Godfather and Martin the Master Gardener tells the player that he/she succeeded in helping farmers.
Rewards for series
- 14,500 Farming experience
- 13,500 Thieving experience
- 12,000 Magic experience
- 3,500 Herblore experience
- 2,000 Attack experience
- 1,000 Summoning experience
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 2,500 experience in a skill of your choice (level 30 or above)
- Access to Zanaris
- Access to the Fairy rings network
- Access to the Fairy Resistance Hideout
- Free access to the Zanaris Market
- Access to a new battle area in the Orks Rift
- Ability to buy and wield Dragon longswords and Dragon daggers
- Ability to make Cosmic runes with the Runecrafting skill
- Ability to use Chaeldar as slayer master
- Ability to make Magic essence potions
- Ability to use the Fairy Rings and get into Zanaris without a Lunar or Dramen staff
- Ability to fetch teeth to get a Tooth creature by speaking to the Tooth Fairy after the quest
- To have your patches automatically weeded, talk to Martin the Master Gardener after the quest to unlock the ability to have gardeners keep your farming patches weed free
- Ability to sell Suqah teeth to the Tooth Fairy for 2,000 coins each. You can also sell to her old teeth, monkey dentures, and kebbit teeth, for amounts ranging from 1 to 200 coins.
Music unlocked in series
7 Music tracks unlocked:
- All's Fairy in Love and War
- Crystal Cave
- Dimension X
- Root Canal
- We are the Fairies
Fairy Tale quest series