The Falador Park is a large, fenced-in park found in Falador. Several gardeners maintain the plants and ponds located here. It is the entrance to the lair of the Giant Mole (which can only be killed by members), and is a key location in the members quest Wanted!, as well as the free-to-play quest Pirate's Treasure which requires the player to dig the ground at Falador Park. There is also a Treasure Trail clue scroll which leads you into Falador Park.
The park once was a popular location for drop parties and as a trade area. Before the release of the Grand Exchange, Falador Park was the main trading area in World 2. Here it was often set what the prices would look like for an item the next few days ahead.
Falador Park has a tree farming patch for oak, willow, maple, yew, and magic trees. Like all patches, it contains a tool leprechaun, along with the hireable gardener, Heskel. Just east of the farming spot, the garden supplier can be found. She sells bagged plants, which can be planted in a Garden or Formal Garden, in a player-owned house.
The Falador Mole Lair
Directly under Falador lies a lair, which contains the fearsome level 230 Giant Mole. A player can enter the mole's dungeon by clicking on the giant plant found in the western part of the park. The Giant Mole always drops mole claw and mole skins. The player can trade the claws and skins with Wyson the gardener for birds' nests, (and with the completion of the Hard Falador Tasks, White Lily Seeds) which can be sold for quite a lot of cash.
On 13 June 2016, heralding the end of the 10th anniversary event of the Falador Massacre, a memorial plaque was added to the park.
"In loving memory of all the citizens of Falador that died in the Falador Massacre.
14 Pentember, Year 169 of the Fifth Age"
Falador Park includes ten NPCs, namely:
- Wyson the gardener (sells woad leaves, and trades nests for mole skin and claws)
- Sir Tiffy Cashien (involved in the Temple Knights, Sea Slug quest series and now the Void Knights quest series)
- Heskel the gardener (watches over the tree farming patch for you for a small payment)
- Tool leprechaun (stores your Farming tools)
- Garden supplier (sells bagged plants for player-owned houses)
- Three gardeners
- A woman (level 6)
- A swan and a few ducks (can be found swimming in the pond)
- Giant Mole in Falador Mole Lair (level 230)
While Guthix Sleeps
Before completion of While Guthix Sleeps, six broken memorials can be found around the pond. Even free players can see this. However, they are broken to the very base and are unrecognisable. It foreshadows the events of the quest.
- Around the time of Christmas in 2011, the ponds in Falador park were frozen and could be walked and slid over. Drakes could be found walking on the ice, but the ducks and swans are nowhere to be seen.
- If the woman above the pond is spoken to, a brief discussion occurs between the player and the women which ends with the player awkwardly walking away.