Father Urhney is an irritable priest who lives as a hermit in the Lumbridge Swamp. He has left Lumbridge to perform a full two-years meditation and retreat. Father Urhney plays a role in The Restless Ghost Quest, giving the player an Amulet of Ghostspeak, which is required to speak to the Restless Ghost in Lumbridge. If the player loses the Amulet of Ghostspeak, even after the quest is done, he will provide the player with a new amulet. Father Uhrney also happens to be a well-known exorcist. Father Urhney never stops meditating. He explains this in an issue of Postbag from the Hedge, saying he has to start his two years of solitude over again if spoken to.
|“|| Sadly, my attempt to seek solace in nature's quiet embrace, so that I may contemplate the mysteries of the universe and seek enlightenment through my course of meditation and prayer, has been frequently interrupted by what I can only assume is a bizarre conspiracy by some fiendish cult.|
I require a two year period of silent contemplation, yet I rarely manage even a week before one of these crazed lunatics arrives at my shack threatening to repossess my home due to failed mortgage repayments. Rather bizarely, as I constructed my shack myself with my own two hands. And each time they force me into conversation, my two year period must begin anew.
I genuinely can't understand it. They all show up, and say the same thing, to the very word... it is indeed a mystery, that perhaps I will solve if I am allowed those two years of silent prayer.
— Father Urhney
Buyers and Cellars
- His shack used to be located on the east side of the swamp but it was moved to the west side of the swamp when an opening was made in the Lumbridge graveyard.
- If you contact him with the NPC Contact spell, he will think you are Saradomin. You will tell him to 'Stop sitting around in a house in a swamp and go and do something useful,' though Urhney will meditate on the message.
- During the Advisors and Objectives update, Father Urhney's shack shack rotated on an 180 degree angle. The entrance used to be on the south, now it is on the north.
- During a hidden update, Father Urhney's shack was moved once again, but this time it was moved south of the Zanaris shack.
- Before Buyers and cellars was released, Urhney had the Pickpocket option, but when players chose to do that they never received anything from him
- When pick pocketed outside of quests, the chat box will say 'You don't want to dip into those pockets without good reason. They're holy...and filthy.'