The Flaming skull was a vanity item obtained by redeeming a 90/100 day game card. It can be changed into four colours: red, green, blue, and purple. Between 20 December 2012 and 31 January 2013, players could also get access to this item by purchasing a Gold Membership in the Premier Club.
Flaming skulls could be obtained by redeeming a 90/100 day game card purchased from the following retailers; it was available from 22 June 2012 until 15 July 2012. Afterwards it was also made available between 5 November 2012 and 18 November 2012 at Bart Smit.
- UK: GAME
- United States: Gamestop , 7-11 stores
- Canada: EB Games
- Australia and New Zealand: EB Games
- Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Finland, Austria, Denmark and Switzerland: Gamestop
- The Netherlands: Bart Smit
- Jagex stated that to obtain the skull you needed to buy a card from Gamestop in the U.S., however before Jagex released the information, it was possible to obtain one from a 3 month card purchased at Walmart.