|Release||27 February 2017 (Update)|
|Quest item||Back to the Freezer|
|Destroy||You can make another of these from items found in the secret bunker on the iceberg.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||This is what makes time travel possible.|
The items required vary by the RuneScape server language, see table for all variants:
|Something to cap it all off||Hat|
|Something to bind the pieces together||Flax|
|Something to keep the device cool||Ice cubes|
| Etwas Robustes mit Fassungvermögen|
(something robust with capacity)
| Ein Teil, sie zu flechten, sie alle zu binden|
(a part to braid them, to bind them all)
| Etwas, das Leben in sich trägt|
(something that carries life in itself)
| Etwas Hammerstarkes|
(a strong hammer)
| Un objet pour écoper|
(an object to scoop)
| Un objet pour éviter l'énergie excé-dentaire|
(an object to avoid excess dental energy)
| Un objet pour éviter la surchauffe|
(an object to avoid overheating)
| Un objet pour mettre tous les éléments d'accord|
(an object to put all the elements in agreement)
| Indispensável para todos os super-heróis|
(indispensable for all superheroes)
| Algo para tocar a última nota|
(something to play the last note)
| Você tomou e a dor sumiu|
(you took and the pain disappeared)
| Algo que enfeita e energiza|
(something that embellishes and energises)
|Arcane stream necklace|
If the items are held and you change to a different world, the items will transform into the relevant items for that world.
- Its name is a pun on the Flux capacitor, the key component of the time-travelling car in the Back to the Future movies (of which Back to the Freezer is a pun of).
- The flax cap-ice-i-tor is named directly after the four components: flax, a hat, ice cubes, and a 'Thor-ific' hammer
- In German, the item is named Flachs-Humpen-Saat-Thor, which is also the components (literally Flax-Tankard-Seed-Thor). It is also similar to the German for 'capacitor', 'Kondensator'.
- In French, it is named Contra-den-so-glaça-teur temporel, which is also named from the components - contra from 'contrat' for the contract, den from 'dents' for tooth, glaça from 'glaçons' for ice cubes, 'so' is a homonym for 'seau' meaning bucket, and temporel is simply temporal. It is also a pun on the French for 'capacitor', 'condensateur'.
- In Portuguese, it is named Capa-cítara-dor de Fluxo, which is, again, the components - capa is cape, cítara is cithara, 'dor' is from the Portuguese name for ogleroots ('raiz doril'), and fluxo for 'flow/stream'. It is also a pun on the Portugeuse for 'capacitor', which is also 'capacitor'.