The removal of player editing to the Jagex Wiki brought this up in a recent email to Jagex from Mod Matthe:
"I was about to email you on a similar matter though – we are excited about the greater flexibility this change gives us with regards to how we work together. As part of this therefore we're really keen to chat to yourselves about how we can better support you and work with your team much more closely."
Hello, some of you may be aware that we've been attempting to set up a meeting with Jagex ever since the removal of player editing to the Jagex hosted wiki. The last time we've talked to Jagex through Skype was two years ago with Mod Lods at the helm. I've already asked some administrators on their thoughts and if they could attend.
To proceed with this meeting, what day, Tuesday through Friday (21-24 April), next week works best for those joining in the Skype meeting as well as what time is best. Note that it would be best within the span of 10:00 UTC to 3:00 UTC. Since this meeting will be over Skype and that I would like to have three or four others with me in the conversation with Jagex. It would be best to have this answer in the next 24 hours to get back to Jagex on the time we would like this setup.
Now I understand that this may be a little out of the ordinary, using the Yew Grove to address a small section of users, but I want to get the community and editing base to know this is occurring and I would like their input into what should be brought up that during the meeting. I would like to know if at least the following users can attend the meeting:
- Gaz Lloyd
Comment - I am available Tuesday and Thursday 6pm-11pm ( US Central Time ) and can probs do Wednesday anytime after 2pm (US Central time). Friday is a no-go for me as I have to get ready for work as soon as I get out of classes. User:TyA/sig 12:20, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Friday is a bit meh for me too, since I have to leave for my meeting at 14:30 BST (13:30 UTC) - I think; it might be Thursday at 10:00 BST (9:00 UTC), I'll have to check with my professors. Tuesday and Wednesday are fine at any time (as well as whichever day isn't my meeting). @Gaz#7521 13:37, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I know that it will be between us and at least Mod Matthe. I suspect others in the same team will be on the call as well. Ryan PM 13:28, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
not me? - wooooooooooooooow u a jerk MolMan 13:35, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
- oi m8 I was here first not me either ;_; bad_fetustalk 01:38, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
Comment - Unfortunately, I'm really busy all of that week between work and other commitments (there's a possibility I might end up with some free time, but I'm not able to promise anything). I'm happy to provide a list of requests, but as this is a preliminary meeting perhaps it's best to limit what we ask of them to more general queries. User:Cqm/Signature
Comment - Hey all, I'm a games community staff member here at Wikia and we'd love to have one of our team sit in on this meeting to answer questions if you'll have us. We wouldn't be wrangling it in any way, just there to provide answers/help should the need arise. We'll be able to work around whatever time you decide on.
- I wouldn't mind that happening, however the time of day set for it would be around 6AM EST to 11AM EST due to Jagex being on BST in Cambridge, UK. If it comes to it we will reschedule it for a more appropriate time since those I had intended to be in the call are going to be absent. Ryan PM 01:54, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds sweet. (: User:Urbancowgurl777/Signature 02:32, April 17, 2015 (UTC)