As you should all know,the main page is the most important page to a wiki.It is the center of knowledge on a wiki.I've been to many wikis,and absolutely none are the same.However,I've seen plenty of good ideas that we could all use.Although,you guys suggested it first,I've had an idea to make a featured image section.Also,I've seen other wikis with neat ideas.On the Harry Potter wiki,(an old favorite)they have 3 things that we could use.
- The first thing is a 'Did you know?' section.I always get a kick out of these,and they are great sources of info.A bunch of P2P did you knows could bring Free players into a whole new section of info he had no idea about.
- Another idea I had was to have a 'on this day' template which has new info of stuff that happened this day,for instance,on today,March 23,A user got 99 in agility.I can't even remember his name.Our wiki has a large community,but a lot of them aren't aware of the history in Runescape.
These ideas could help benefit the unregistered readers as a portal to information they never knew of.I also had an idea to improve the featured image.What we would do is like select a featured image each week,and each would be like a second featured article.You know Featured articles are large important parts of the community,not just rarely seen things,in pictures.If you agree with any of these,please state as 1,2,or 3. thanks. -
17:00, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
Comment - The "On this day" section has already been proposed, in case you didn't know. As for the "Did you know?"... that would be fairly interesting, but most articles on the wiki have a trivia section. What kind of stuff would you put on "Did you know?"17:14, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- For "On this day" template discussions, see Forum:On This Day.
- For "Featured image" policy suggestions, go to RS:FIMG.
- The "Did you know" section has already been suggested before. We couldn't decide what to put in them though. See Forum:New_Additions_to_the_Main_Page
17:18, 23 March 2009 (UTC)