We have had several users maintaining a list for orphaned pages/images that appear in the Lonely Pages and Unused Files. One such example would Patheticockroach's list of not-orphaned Exchange pages. I also remember stumbling upon Christine's list of not-orphaned images.
We should compile all these lists maintained by individual users, and create a list on the RuneScape namespace called RuneScape:Orphanage. I have a draft here, which I adapted from Wikipedia.
This page would be most beneficial to the wiki as users have easy access to the list, and do not have to worry about modifying another user's subpage. The page would contain a list of:
- Disambiguation pages (Note: Ideally, these pages should be orphaned and not linked from any article.)
- Exchange pages that are not linked from their item pages (Note: Exchange pages do not appear in LonelyPages.)
- Images that appears in UnusedFiles even though they are used
- Walled garden articles - a group of articles that is isolated, and only link to each other
Feel free to comment. Thanks.05:25, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Support - Okay, if I didn't understand incorrectly, this orphanage will link to the pages mentioned, in order to clear their respective special pages, right? If so, then I support, makes sense and it's a good idea. Although, how do you propose we go about finding these "Walled garden" articles? And if this passes, how will we go about filling the Orphanage page (meaning will we fill it manually or use some sort of special template which automatically updates itself)? Oh, and don't forget Hurston's list of orphaned pages. C.ChiamTalk 15:22, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Support I don't think we even need a forum for this, your doing an admin job that will be very beneficial. My only question is will the other lists be redirected?--Degenret01 00:21, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Support - Will be useful, no reason why not to have it. @Gaz#7521 16:39, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Support - Easier = better. In this case, at least.16:44, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- @Caleb: For now, we would have to do it manually. I would require some help to "populate" the page. Once it's set up, users patrolling the two Special pages would be able to add to the lists in this Orphanage page.
- @Caleb: I'm afraid "walled garden" articles can only be found by chance.
- @Enigma: The purpose is to merge lists maintained by several users in a "central location".
- @Degenret: Could you clarify "other lists"? If you were talking about the lists maintained by users, I think we can remove them completely. 05:01, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Support - A central location is definitely a good idea, though it should be made clear that it's really only for disambiguation pages. Normal articles should be linked to from other pages. The exchange pages in patheticcockroach's list need not be added as they are within their own namespace now. Hurston (T # C) 08:26, 22 July 2009 (UTC)