The player-owned farm update added animals to the game that could be an item, an NPC, or both. Should all of those variants; unchecked item, checked item, and NPC all be on the same page? Probably not. So here's my proposal (variant 1):
- Unchecked items (which are all tradeable on the GE) should become a seperate page with the exact name as in-game with infobox item as it's just an item while it's unchecked. Much like the charged and uncharged engrams from the Memorial to Guthix.
- Checked items and their equivalent NPC should stay on the same page having a switchfobox containing both the item and the NPC. Additionally this page should get a yet to make infobox pof animal template à la Infobox Seed/Infobox Bonuses as shown in the example below:
|Eats||Flowers, vegetables, fruit, and seeds|
|Produce||2 rabbit teeth, rabbit foot|
|Base sell price||25 beans|
|Breeding cycle||5 minutes|
|N/A||15 minutes||15 minutes||15 minutes|
3. Most shiny animals (exception being the Araxyte spider) should just be a NPC infobox and additionally the pof animal infobox template.
Alternatively, as variant 2, we could also split the checked item and the NPC to separate pages which will also require the duplication of their infobox pof animal template.
Support variant 1 - Baby variants of animals would also need their own pages with just the NPC infobox, since the baby forms are shared between all of the different breeds of that animal. Only exception is dragons, which would probably need to stay on the same page as the adult.12:08, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know, I feel like the babies should also stay with the adult version just to keep all the growth stages on one page and redirect the different name(s) to that animal's page. Additionally we could add the name of the growth phase to the growth phases table as suggested below. Otherwise it might become too fragmented. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 14:17, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- As for the babies being the same accross breeds (except dragons), those pages should become disambiguation pages that refer to the breeds. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 14:18, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Why not both? For example, "Spiderling" could be its own page with an NPC infobox, but also referenced as being the baby form of the night spider on the night spider page, and the baby form of the spirit spider on the spirit spider page, ect. Not 100% sure a growth table is needed though, remember that three of the growth stages of each animal are visually identical, with the baby form (and occasionally egg) being the only visually distinct one(s). The shiny versions already have their own pages, and they are a similar situation to the babies (shiny versions are essentially an NPC shared between all the different breeds, a shiny common brown rabbit is identical to a shiny piscatorian cottontail). 16:55, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
Comment - If it is possible to merge the item with the npc's growth stages without looking like too much: Variant 1. If not, I'd say make the item separate and have the different growth stages as switchbox on another page.
- REDIRECT User:Merds/Signature 12:57, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Technically every growth stage is the same item and NPC. :P Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 13:06, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Right. We'd add the pictures for the growths outside the infobox then? If we do put pics. Maybe I'm seeing something different in my head. Variant 1 seems fine then :)
- REDIRECT User:Merds/Signature 13:51, September 12, 2018 (UTC)
- REDIRECT User:Merds/Signature 13:59, September 12, 2018 (UTC)