So, going by the current statistics, Legacy Mode is going to be developed. Obviously, the change to EoC was massive and took us months to get right. Fortunately, this time we already have 90+% of the old information in article histories, so no problem there. Thing is, how will we incorporate the release of Legacy Mode into our articles alongside EoC information? Some points:
- Special attacks are returning regardless, so that shouldn't be hard. Only difference is they use adrenaline in EoC and special attack, uh, energy in Legacy.
- Beta namespace is still unneeded, probably, since we already have all information. Feel free to discuss it though.
- We could have EoC strategies and Legacy strategies for monsters etc. This should be a matter of moving, merging and copy-pasting from page history. Hopefully.
- This means the changes are mostly going to be administrative rather than having to make entirely new articles, templates, etc. But it's still a lot.
Since we don't know details (nor do Jagex, mind you), we can't really make perfect plans yet. Rough guidelines for how to proceed would help. Discuss.16:23, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
It's just momentum plus, we don't need to do anything. EoC will be superior for anything that has any strategy to fighting. At worst the combat level calculation will change, but probably for everything across both modes.16:27, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- That, and boss drop tables are being changed, and the way armour works is being changed to make it easier for pures wtf jagex Oil4 Talk 08:50, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- The reddit thing was wrong, they actually said they WOULDN'T be changing drop tables, if I remember correctly. 10:15, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- And I thought Revolution was overpowered... -- 17:18, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
I read nothing about old stats returning. Perhaps the only change will be that it exists. I'm assuming it will be old combat with new numbers. MolMan 16:29, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
Clarification/Comment - What Fartwell would be referring to would be the Legacy mode that is the current dragonstone poll. It's probably a good idea to watch the video on that post, as well as reading it and the FAQ. 17:13, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
Closed - No discussion for nearly a month, and hardly any at all before that. The special attack sections have already been made, and no further progress can be made at this time. When it is released or close to being released and more information is present, another discussion may be opened if necessary. User:Urbancowgurl777/Signature 04:58, March 7, 2014 (UTC)