It's that time again: RuneFest is nearly upon us once more.
I have a few points to discuss in this thread:
- Fansite participation
- As of time of writing, there are no posts on the fansite forums about the fansite involvement with RuneFest. Last year there were plans but nothing happened. I'll update when information is released.
At the very least, all fansites got 2 tickets each (which, last year, myself and Rich used). Again, no posts about it, so there may not be any (especially with fansite support changes). I know I have had a few people asking about them (and I have already bought my ticket so won't be needing the free one). I'll update with information when available.
- Only Jagex-Approved fansites [RHQ, Tip.it, RuneZone, Sal's] get free tickets, and only for giveaway/competition use (not staff) . As such, no tickets for us.
- With the redux to fansite support and how awful last year was for fansites, do we even want to participate if they plan something?
- I'll be using an iPad this year so hopefully my tweets won't be so bad.
- Wiki meetups
- I know this year several other wikians are going. I'd love to meet up with you guys, before, during or after the event. The Night Before RuneFest is completely Jagex-hosted this year (last year was player-hosted but Jagex-paid-for), and I plan to go, so this is a good place to meet up if we don't work out some earlier plans.
- In addition, I think it would be great to go have a casual meal out somewhere, but I don't know how possible that is on everyone's schedule, with The Night Before and the event itself taking up most of the time. If there's interest I'm sure something can be worked out.
- T-Shirts. If anyone going wants a t-shirt like the one I made for last year (front; back - may or may not be updated with the theme if changed in time), let me know and I'll get one made. If anyone not going wants one, talk to me and maybe we can work something out - spreadshirt has bulk discounts. Either way, if you want one I'll need a size: Men's, Women's (scroll down a bit - I'm not sure if a mix of men's and women's is applicable for the discount, however). (If you don't want to post publicly then PM me in-game or in IRC - I may not see it in S:C.) I'll be ordering them on 26 September (2 weeks before) to make sure they arrive in time, so you'll need to let me know before then.
- T-shirts have arrived, so if you did want one but didn't let me know, you'll have to order it yourself now, sorry
- Even if you don't want to meet up/get a t-shirt, post if you're going anyway
That's all I have for now. There may be additions if Jagex decide to involve fansites this year.
Cheers, @Gaz#7521 14:26, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
New post in the Fansite Forum:
|“|| We are currently planning a Community Room at RuneFest for Clans and Fansites to show off who they are and recruit players to their communities. We'll be posting this on the CLF too but are giving the fansites a day or so advance notice. It is not a huge room but it should be a good size.
What I need to know is who is likely to want to display there and how much space do you need?
— Mod Matthe
Any suggestions? @Gaz#7521 16:27, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Praise the gloop! fetus is my son and I love him. 14:35, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
I'm going and I'm up for all the events being laid on. As an aside, if anyone finds themselves really struggling for a place to stay, let me know.14:38, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
I'm going; I'm up for a meal; fansite involvement no we shouldn't; t-shirt yes if redesigned and no faceb**k sh*t. Sorry that was all in bold but it's answers to all the discussion points.13:32, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
I'm so looking forward to this, im up for a meal, maybe the evening if the day before?17:44, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
Not going - But why Neverwinter for back of T-shirt text D: User:Urbancowgurl777/Signature 17:23, September 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Because Cryptic Studios is better than Jagex. User:ChaoticShadow/SigReal
- If you wanna design a nice back-of-shirt thing for us then go for it (transparent and as large a resolution as possible: like so). @Gaz#7521 22:22, September 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Can we just re-use whatever ideas were planned for last year that never happened? User:Cqm/Signature
- If that's going to happen, then we'd best reply to MattHe shortly. Temujin 10:35, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
- No one came up with/agreed upon stuff to do, so it came down to "chill out in the area and chat with people". Of course, not even that happened. @Gaz#7521 09:24, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
- What about some questionnaires (or even just an informal chat) on things people would like to see on the wiki? Or things they don;t like that we could do better? User:Cqm/Signature
The night before is ticketed now, but its free just fyi..... https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-night-before-runefest-2014-registration-13307149041 23:03, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
We having a meal, or what? Any decision?10:07, October 4, 2014 (UTC)
Closed - If I remember correctly, Runefest is this weekend. The participants should probably rely on a method of communication that pings the receiver (exempli gratia email, text messaging, et cetera). --LiquidTalk 14:54, October 9, 2014 (UTC)