- Previous discussion: Forum:Regarding adminship and ranks
In the above linked discussion, it was decided that new wiki admins would have to apply separately to obtain a CC admin rank, while all others would be grandfathered in. Since then, the majority of wiki admins have been granted cc admin if they asked for it, with a few others passing RfCCAs at a later date. I propose that we remove the explicit request requirement and simply mark the new admin as eligible if and when they want to claim to appropriate cc rank. For completeness, this would also make bureaucrats eligible for overseer post-RfB.
After many years on the wiki and having read virtually every modern RfA and yew grove discussion, there have been no examples I can find of anyone ever being opposed for CC rank if they requested it in an RfA or subsequent RfCCA. It comes down to nothing more than a formality. The only time anything close to opposition to extra tools being granted was the IRC op request in RuneScape:Requests for adminship/ThePsionic, which was swiftly overturned in Forum:ThePsionic - Request for IRC admin (2). There have been instances of admins being banned or de-ranked from the CC, but those tend to be isolated incidents that are generally followed by de-sysop threads on the wiki itself.
- All wiki admins shall henceforth be eligible for CC admin rank.
- Future wiki admins shall be eligible for CC admin rank on successful closure of their RfA.
- If anyone in the above 2 categories wishes to claim their rank, they should either state their display name in their RfA or contact those of us who can grant the appropriate rank via Discord, IRC, talk page, RS:AR, etc.
Support - as proposer. User:Cqm/Signature
Support - as lowly admin.08:44, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
- (also as literally the only exception to the rule) 08:45, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
Support - I actually had no idea until earlier today that site admins weren't automatically given cc admin rank because Liquid told me that went into effect in like 2011. Too bad that was about the time I fell off the RS bandwagon for a few years but the points stated here make 100% sense to me11:00, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
Support - as ty. User:TyA/sig 17:20, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - I don't care either way (I think I took the meh approach on the original thread too) but in case anyone was curious, here's the list of people who would be eligible for the clan chat admin rank.
- User:-Matt (Matthew2602 at the time of his RfA)
- User:Ciphrius Kane
- User:Salix of Prifddinas
Of these, Matt, Joey, and Hair don't play anymore. I can't recall seeing Ciphrius in RSW recently. Salix pops in every now and then but I think has
her his own clan. Jlun is always guesting for some reason and refuses to join. So yeah, pretty low-impact. I think anyone who's actually active in our CC who also undergoes an RfA has passed or will pass a RfCCA. Even Coel did four and a half years late after a lot of prodding from me. In general I have no problem with giving anyone who can pass an RfA the CC admin right too. However, I also don't particularly think it's a big deal since users aren't shy about asking for it in the RfA.
- I'm a him... and yes I am in another clan. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 21:17, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
Bigger Comment - If we're going to do this, we should get rid of the separate request for IRC +o too and just give it to any sysop who asks. The IRC has dropped in activity since Discord, and as far as I'm aware Discord adminship is given out to all wiki sysops plus sysops of sister wikis like foreign language or oldschool sysops. While it probably made sense at the time to separate IRC op from RfAs, at this point in time I don't really see the purpose. --LiquidTalk 19:55, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, adminship is only given out to all rsw sysops. The pt-br and old school admins roles are just for show and do not grant kicking powers or other general administrative rights on the discord. User:TyA/sig 03:46, March 29, 2017 (UTC)
- I considered tacking IRC op onto this too using the same reasoning and cc admin, but felt it was slightly out of scope. I have no problem with addressing it here if there's interest. User:Cqm/Signature