Fremennik names are given to a player at the end of The Fremennik Trials quest. This name accompanies the player throughout the whole RuneScape game, unless it is changed with the ring of charos (a). Using the power of the ring of charos (a), players may ask Brundt the Chieftain for the Fremennik name to be changed. Doing so yields a new random name for that player.
The name is used to call the players while they are in Rellekka, Lunar Isle, Mountain Camp, Miscellania and Etceteria (except if previously crowned), Neitiznot, Jatizso, Waterbirth Island, and the Barbarian Outpost.
Names do not appear to be gender specific as some have been assigned to both genders (e.g. Rakkir, Raktor, Thorrak, Tonkar). Also, it appears as though names are generated by using one of 16 different prefixes (Bal, Bar, Dal, Dar, Den, Dok, Jar, Jik, Lar, Rak, Ral, Ril, Sig, Tal, Thor, and Ton) and one of 17 different suffixes (dar, dor, dur, kal, kar, kir, kur, lah, lak, lim, lor, rak, rar, tin, ton, tor, and vald). That would indicate potentially 272 different Fremennik names are available.
|Honorific title||Addressed when|
|[Fremennik name] Rockcrusher||Wearing rock-shell armour|
|[Fremennik name] Spinewielder||Wearing spined armour|
|[Fremennik name] Skullbearer||Wearing skeletal armour|
|[Fremennik name] Far-strider||Completed Hard Fremennik Tasks|
List of known Fremennik names
- Baldur is the god of male beauty and light in Norse mythology. It is also a reference to the Dungeons and Dragons game Baldur's Gate.
- If players switch genders after receiving their Fremennik name, they will keep the Fremennik name.
- There is a bug where Fremennik names change on their own, where an extra suffix is added, for example "Thorvald" changing to "Thorkarvald", all on its own. This rare bug has existed for many years, and Jagex has yet to patch it. The only way to fix the effects of this bug is to change your Fremennik name with a ring of charos (a), receiving a random name.
- Jarvald and Thorvald, which are possible names, are also names of Fremennik NPCs.
- For reasons unknown, the Fremennik of Daemonheim will NOT call the player by their Fremennik name; even if they have completed the Fremennik Trials quest.