|Release||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|Exchange||27,635 coins (info)|
|Examine||Simplicity is the best weapon.|
The granite maul is a 2-handed maul, and is part of the granite equipment set. It requires level 55 Strength and level 55 Attack to wield and is dropped exclusively by gargoyles, Slayer monsters which require 75 Slayer to kill.
|55 , 55|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The granite maul has a special attack, Quick Smash, which requires 50% adrenaline and is an instant attack that ignores any cooldowns.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||39.5%|
In early March 2007, a glitch that allowed infinite iterations of its special attack was discovered and abused by many players. The glitch was later fixed, and the abusers received bans of varying lengths.
When the granite maul was first released, players were allowed to "pre-set" a special attack by clicking on the special bar as an NPC died or by other similar fashion, then recharging the special bar. Using this "glitch", players would then be able to use two consecutive special attacks on top of one another, allowing potentially 4 devastating hits instead of the now 3. At that time, the granite maul was one of the most, if not the most, popular form of "3-hitting" enemies in the Wilderness (as opposed to, say, a dragon dagger). Maul pures were thus born, with 50 Attack, 1 Defence, and extremely high Strength. However, this glitch was patched soon thereafter, leaving many players disappointed.
This was a popular scamming item because it resembles the rock hammer; players would initially present an often noted granite maul in the trade window, and quickly switch it to a rock hammer (noted if appropriate) and hope the receiver did not notice the change.
When PvP worlds were released, the price of the granite maul went up from around 50,000 to 150,000 coins. Again, when Bounty Hunter worlds were released, the granite maul went up again, to 250,000 coins.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, the gravite 2h sword used to give higher bonuses in comparison to the granite maul, despite the fact that the gravite 2h sword required 5 less Attack to wield. The two weapons are now on par with each other bonus-wise, as well as sharing the same attack requirement.
- The granite maul's infinite special attack glitch reappeared after the Legacy Mode beta was released. It was patched shortly afterwards.
Two-handed crush weapons