Grifolapine, found at the third level of the Polypore Dungeon, are commonly killed to create the grifolic armour set. In addition, they are the only monster that drops the grifolic wand and grifolic shield.
It requires a Slayer level of 88 to kill, and 60 Magic for the player to receive as a Slayer assignment.
The following are required to kill Grifolapines.
- 88 . Boosts such as wild pies can be used to boost Slayer to 88; however, relying on boosting items will result in shorter trips and possibly longer kills.
- Magic equipment, optimally water spells. Grifolapines have very high damage reduction against any non-magical attack, with all melee and ranged based attacks having a damage cap of 40 on them.
The following skill levels are recommended for killing Grifolapines. While they are not necessary, they will unlock valuable, helpful perks.
- 65 for Water Wave
- 73 to use the agility section of the dungeon
- 60 and 67 to obtain enough Dungeoneering tokens for a bonecrusher and split dragontooth necklace. Players with 90 Prayer and Dungeoneering may also wear a demon horn necklace.
- 91 for extreme magic potions
Generally, higher-tier Magic equipment is best against Grifolapines. However, expensive, top-tier armour such as seasinger's equipment and ganodermic armour may not be cost-effective at Grifolapines due to their high repair costs. For this reason, offensive armour is recommended above tank armour.
Although having a large amount of life points, they are weak to water-based spells and one can kill them very quickly with the correct group of skills.
- Impact, Wrack, Asphyxiate, Wild Magic, Combust, Sonic Wave or Concentrated Blast (this depends on your preferred magic weapon), Metamorphosis, Chain*
Only use Chain if you are confident in your fighting skills, as this will get the attention of nearby monsters if it hits.
Recommended ability bar set up when using chaotic staff, or any other two-handed magic weapon.