The Grouping System is a feature that was released on 1 September 2014. The Grouping System allows players to organise events that involve boss fights, skills, and minigames with other players on all worlds. Players can create groups within the system and use a separate chat tab for communication with those in the same activity and those specific to the team at hand.
Creating a group and inviting friends is the most popular option for many players, as queueing is completely random and unreliable for many players to make teams. After a group is formed, every player of the group must be on the same world. If "Ready" is selected before changing worlds, the grouping system will offer you the ability to quick hop worlds. The world is dependent upon the current group leader.
If the group leader leaves the group, the system will assign a new group leader by highest rank first, or by order of the list (starting at the top). If the current group leader logs out for 1 minute or more, the system will automatically demote the user to "Group Member" rank and transfer leadership to one of the currently active players.
Using the grouping system, the group leader can easily teleport to locations such as Mazcab to partake in Liberation of Mazcab, Supply runs or Nemi Forest dailies. This is done by doing the following steps:
- Click the "Community" icon on the Interface Ribbon
- Click on the "Grouping System" tab
- Click on "Create a new group" icon at lower right
- Select "Liberation of Mazcab" under the Raids drop down menu
- Click "View Selected" at bottom
- Click "Update Group" (same button location)
- Click "Ready" at lower right
- Click "Complete Group" when Group Ready popup windows appears
- Click "1. Teleport all group members." when popup window appears
- The players must be out of all interfaces and not engaged in combat or in any PvP location such as the Duel Arena
Please note, the option to complete group and teleport will only appear if the group size meets the requirements for the selected activity. For example, the Liberation of Mazcab activity has a group size of 1-10 players. If the group has just 1 player (the group leader), they will be able to use the teleport. However the Dungeoneering activity requires a group of 2-5 players, preventing a solo individual from teleporting to Daemonheim using the grouping system.
The minimum group size does not correlate with the requirements for each activity. The God Wars Dungeon bosses can be fought solo, yet the grouping system requires 2 players; Likewise Stealing Creation requires 10 players, yet the grouping system will teleport with just 4.
Teleports available to minimum 1 player:
Teleports available to minimum 2 players:
- Burthorpe Games Room
- Clan Wars (FFA)
- Clan Wars (FFA: Safe)
- Corporeal Beast
- Dagannoth Kings
- Fishing Trawler
- Fist of Guthix
- Flash Powder Factory
- Giant Mole
- God Wars Dungeon - via any of the five God Wars Dungeon Bosses, eg Kree'Arra.
- Kalphite King
- Kalphite Queen
- King Black Dragon
- Mobilising Armies
- Nex: Angel of Death
- Shades of Mort'ton
- Shifting Tombs
- Social Slayer
- The Great Orb Project
- Trouble Brewing
- Twin Furies
- TzHaar Fight Pit
- Vindicta and Gorvek
Teleports available to minimum 4 or more players:
- Barbarian Assault (5 Players)
- Barrows: Rise of the Six (4 Players)
- Blast Furnace (4 Players)
- Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza (6 Players)
- Castle Wars (4 Players)
- Heist (4 Players)
- Pest Control (5 Players)
- Soul Wars (4 Players)
- Stealing Creation (4 Players)
- Vorago (5 Players)
No teleport is available for the Chaos Elemental.
- The Grouping System replaced a previous planned feature called the Activity Stream.
- Players who are in a group will have overhead life point bars that are a brighter hue of green.
- Players in the same group have higher visual priority over summoning Familiars and other players.
- Although not functional in F2P, the Grouping System can still be used for private chatting by F2P players / worlds.