Guthix's book of balance is a book worn in the pocket slot, and is the God book aligned with Guthix. Books of Balance must be made using all four torn Guthix pages which can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails or by cremating a vyrewatch. Equipping a book of balance allows the wielder to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites by operating it. It also allows players with a Prayer level of 50 or greater to bless holy symbols and unholy symbols, at the cost of 60 prayer points per blessing (compared to 40 points lost when using the other two main God Books).
Lost books of balance can be reclaimed by speaking to Jossik at the lighthouse, or from a player-owned house bookcase, complete with all pages that have been added, for 100,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional pages in order to activate the passive effect.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, it can be used to create an illuminated book of balance and unlock the god book off-hand override. This requires 60 Crafting and 60 Prayer, and grants 10,000 Prayer and 10,000 Crafting experience (for the first time only). The book of balance is not consumed in the process.
Filling the book of balance with all pages currently costs 729,364 coins.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The book of balance can be activated like scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Guthix page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the illuminated book.
The passive has a 5% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, the sword of edicts falls on the target, then burns and explodes. This deals an initial hit of 90-150%, 3 hits of 7.5-12.5%, and finally a hit of 37.5-62.5% (with the final hit being split in a 3x3 area, if there are multiple targets nearby), for a total of 150-250%. (PvP: initially 30-90%, 3 hits of 2.5-7.5%, and 12.5-37.5 AoE; total 50-150%).
Light and dark, day and night, Balance arises from contrast. I unify thee in the name of Guthix.
Thy death was not in vain, For it brought some balance to the world. May Guthix bring thee rest.
Mayest thou walk the path, and never fall, For Guthix walks beside thee on thy journey. May Guthix bring thee peace.
The trees, the earth, the sky, the waters: All play their part upon this land. May Guthix bring thee balance.
Removed preach options
- All things must end, as all begin; Only Guthix knows the role thou must play. May Guthix bring you balance.
- In life, in death, in joy, in sorrow: May thine experience show thee balance. May Guthix bring you balance.
- Thou must do as thou must, no matter what. Thine actions bring balance to this world. May Guthix bring you balance.
- The river flows, the sun ignites, May you stand with Guthix in thy fights. May Guthix bring you balance.
- A journey of a single step, May take thee over a thousand miles. May Guthix bring you balance.
- Prior to 22 February 2016, this book used to be held in the off-hand slot.
- The line: "A journey of a single step, May take thee over a thousand miles. May Guthix bring you balance" is a reference to the famous phrase generally attributed to either Lao Tzu or Confucius.
|Illuminated god books||
|Part 2 of the Fremennik quest series|