Aris Maye (referred to simply as Gypsy Aris) is a gypsy who lives in a tent in Varrock. The sign outside her tent has a large eye, which closes when she is not talking to a player and opens when she is.
She is involved with several quests and has vast magical powers; for example, she casts a Tempus Cessit spell in Recipe for Disaster to stop time. It appears she also has an apparent inhuman lifespan. She claims to be seven times as old as the number of legs on the stools in The Blue Moon Inn, which would make her either 168, 210, or possibly, 315, depending on whether she is referring to the bar room only, the entire lower level, or both downstairs and upstairs, respectively.
She has great knowledge about the history of Gielinor and the magical arts, as shown in Recipe for Disaster. Aris is also known to Wally's descendant, Sir Prysin, who believes her to now be dead due to her elderly age, even during his youth. Yet, he respects her enough to agree to give Silverlight to a total stranger when Varrock was in danger of annihilation from Delrith.
- Her name is an anagram of "Gypsy Airs", which is a music piece with the original German title "Zigeunerweisen".
- She used to be called just Gypsy, but this was changed so people would know her name is 'Aris', vital information needed for quests.
- During Demon Slayer, she reveals that she is a follower of Guthix.
- During Recipe for Disaster, her name is Gypsy, not Gypsy Aris.
- During Recipe for Disaster she refers to herself as the Wise Old Man's "bubbykins", indicating a possible (maybe past) relationship between the two.
- During Recipe for Disaster, the Culinaromancer says "You!" after spotting Gypsy Aris. This may be an inkling that they have battled before.
- On 15 December 2009 Gypsy Aris and her tent received a graphical makover.
- She never reveals her age directly, but says that her age is the number of legs on the stools in the Blue Moon Inn mutiplied by 7.