He makes claims about unseen imps mocking him, likely caused by an unpleasant childhood experience he had when an imp stole his marbles while he was playing with his sister. This event eventually drove him to join H.A.M in order to prevent anyone from losing their possessions.
- The idiom "losing one's marbles" typically refers to someone whom is going crazy or losing their mind, with a double entendre referencing the idiom when offering to find the guard's marbles as well as the confirmation of its loss by the player.
- ^ H.A.M. guard, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "Imps! They're everywhere...just out of sight. They're laughing at us!"
- ^ H.A.M. guard, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "Yes! It was when I was ten. I was playing marbles with my sister, and then this monster just ran up and grabbed them! We chased after it, but it disappeared in a puff of smoke, taking my marbles with it!"
- ^ a b H.A.M. guard, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "All I can do now is fight against monsters, so no one else needs to lose their marbles like I did."
- ^ Player character, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "So, you've lost your marbles?"
- ^ H.A.M. guard, "The Chosen Commander", RuneScape. "Yes! I've completely lost my marbles!"