The Hati paws, along with the Hati head and (in 2012) Hati Cloak, can be received as a drop from taking part in killing Hati in January 2011, 2012 and 2013. When defeated, Hati drops a set of gloves which, when worn, doubles Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic, and Constitution experience earned over a set amount of cumulative experience gain, based upon the player's levels in those skills. The paws do not provide bonus experience in Prayer or Summoning. Hati also drops a cosmetic hood and cloak made of white wolf fur. If you contribute to the kill you can pick up these rewards, although you’ll only be able to get one of each. Players who have the gloves already receive a recharge of the bonus experience allowance, although they don’t need to be wearing the gloves for this to happen.
Once used up, players cannot get another charged pair unless there is a similar event in following years. The double experience bonus has so far expired around mid-May on both occasions, turning them into purely cosmetic paws. If one's paws were charged when the expiration date occurred, when the next year's event is added to the game, the paws will have the same charge as they had before the expiration date. The charges can be used up, and the paws can then be recharged to full by participating in the event. This may or may not be a glitch.
As of January 13, 2014 any experience remaining from previous years can be reclaimed as bonus experience by right clicking on the paws.
If destroyed, the paws can be retrieved from Diango in Draynor Village. If lost upon death, they do retain what charge they had before the player's death, but cannot be claimed from the player's Gravestone and can be retrieved from Diango as normal or, while the event is on, can be retrieved from the Fremennik citizen at the gate.
- Bonus experience is awarded
- Bonus experience is not awarded
- Sacred clay equipment (sacred clay will degrade first)
- (Prized) Pendants (note: the Pendant will not lose it's charge, unless the Paws are uncharged)
- Ranged and Magic performances in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza
- Refer a Friend Programme (it is unknown whether or not this is intentional, but the Sköll boots also don't work)
- Bonus XP Weekend (2011)
- Dreadnips attacks
|Equipping charged||As you equip the gloves, something feral inside you thrills for the fray|
|Unequipping charged||As you remove the gloves, the beast within you calms somewhat.|
|Checking power||Your Hati paws have X% of their power remaining.|
|Checking power (<1%)||Your Hati paws have almost run out of power.|
|Every 10% of charge||You feel the rage ebb slightly from your gloves (X% remaining).|
|Using up all the charge||Your Hati paws have lost their power; the beast in your soul falls silent.|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- While fighting with the charged paws, your character occasionally will make snarling or growling noises.
- When originally announced in Behind the Scenes, Jagex said these gloves would provide 10 hours of bonus experience.
- As explained in the Game Update FAQ for 16 January 2012, when the first Hati event ended, any unused charge on the Hati Paws was not removed. Instead, the game just turned off the ability to access the charge. Consequently, owners of paws that were received during last year's event but not fully drained were able to use the experience gain from the last year's charge and then re-charge them back to 100% by killing Hati.